Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Oh, I do like the sound of that! I used to use Chico bags a lot and I was initially skeptical of the TB Shop Bag because it doesn't fold up nearly as small as a Chico bag, but the handles on the TB Shop Bags have made me a convert. If there were a Shop Bag with the lovely handles but no piping or pockets adding extra material, would it be the worst of both worlds or the best? :-)
    I don't know that piping and pockets would reduce the size enough, if you keep the lovely squishy handles.

I have room in my world for both options... I keep the tiny Reisenthel ones all over the place (apartment, work, car, bags, luggage), for emergency carrying capacity... the Shop Bags are more for planned carrying.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. The Chico's fold up bags are stashed all over the place are in case of emergency, and the TB shop bags are used when I know I'll be hauling stuff.

I can imagine something like the Eagle Creek Specter fabric, silnylon, would make a great fold up bag. I think the TB halcyon fabric is too thick. Maybe the aether fabric?

Orange County, CA, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    ...I think the TB halcyon fabric is too thick. Maybe the aether fabric?
    I vote for a Tom Bihn bag made of Aether Fabric that folds into itself in a small package like the TB Travel Pillow.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimikor View Post
    I vote for a Tom Bihn bag made of Aether Fabric that folds into itself in a small package like the TB Travel Pillow.
    That sounds good to me, too.

MA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimikor View Post
    Yes Please.
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wishlist color: a warm glowing burgundyish color.
    Last edited by aedifica; 02-28-2018 at 10:33 AM. Reason: it was kindly pointed out that my previous description of the color was against forum rules.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 Wish List-img_9962-jpg

I find the pouchkins for the FAK very useful for holding small items separately. Here is a photo of a blue double pouchkin holding earbuds and USB drives which always has a place in whichever bag I'm carrying to work. I do wish it had a swivel hook, though!
    Last edited by adalangdon; 03-03-2018 at 05:54 AM.

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two more wishes!

1. Burnt Orange 525 ballistic. Except that I'm afraid that it would displace Mars Red, and I want both!

2. A return of the Q-AM strap. I have a couple that I got with used bags, and I really like this strap--it's padded for a long stretch so I can slide a bag all the way around to my back comfortably, and the clasp makes it almost as supportive as a backpack in some configurations. I think the Q-AM strap disappeared when the last bags changed to having clip-on straps, but I've seen photos of Q-AM straps hacked to have clip-on attachments, so I think it would work...

P.S. I'm not knocking the Absolute Strap, which is also excellent! I find I want them on different bags with different carry styles.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cache fits so tightly that it's really difficult to pull the device out of it. Maybe add a strap to the bottom of the cache so that it can be held down while pulling the tablet out?

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you meant, "Put a strap on the inside of the cache, so that if you pull on the strap, it helps pull the device out." Some wallets have this feature for cards.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if this was ever an option, but I would like a double mini organizer pouch. I love the mini size and sometimes I would like to use just one pouch instead of two minis. Preferably in halcyon.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you meant, "Put a strap on the inside of the cache, so that if you pull on the strap, it helps pull the device out." Some wallets have this feature for cards.
    What an idea! Now I'm going to add such a ribbon to the cache my work laptop rides in. (The cache isn't too tight, but the laptop is slippery so it's hard for me to get a grip on it to pull it out.)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    2. A return of the Q-AM strap. I have a couple that I got with used bags, and I really like this strap--it's padded for a long stretch so I can slide a bag all the way around to my back comfortably, and the clasp makes it almost as supportive as a backpack in some configurations. I think the Q-AM strap disappeared when the last bags changed to having clip-on straps, but I've seen photos of Q-AM straps hacked to have clip-on attachments, so I think it would work...

P.S. I'm not knocking the Absolute Strap, which is also excellent! I find I want them on different bags with different carry styles.
    Hi @aedifica,

You do know that you can still buy the Quick-Adjust Messenger (Q-AM) strap from Tom Bihn, don't you? They have at least a couple dozen of these still in stock. It's just not listed on their web site after the shift to the new host (March 16, 2016) (e.g., as I commented in this post). See, for example, my post (#5) titled "Upgrading "Youthful" ID Messenger Bags".

HTH

moriond (who has stocked up on the Q-AM strap, and continues to use it on her Imago and ID bag)

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @aedifica,

You do know that you can still buy the Quick-Adjust Messenger (Q-AM) strap from Tom Bihn, don't you? They have at least a couple dozen of these still in stock. It's just not listed on their web site after the shift to the new host (March 16, 2016) (e.g., as I commented in this post). See, for example, my post (#5) titled "Upgrading "Youthful" ID Messenger Bags".

HTH

moriond (who has stocked up on the Q-AM strap, and continues to use it on her Imago and ID bag)
    Ooh! No, I did not know! In that case I'd still like it if the Q-AM strap came back as a regular thing on the website for all to notice and try out and enjoy, but I'm going to add a couple to my next order. Thanks for telling me they're still available!

I think I remember that the 1" Messenger Stabilizer that fits the current 1" waist strap doesn't quite fit around the padding of the Q-AM strap, but I'll make something work. :-)

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am...not an artist.

I'm going to try tying some cord around the rails on the back of the Cache and seeing if that works.

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast