Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    steel exterior with island interior on more bags
    Smilie

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wondering why most accessories (Travel Tray, Travel Stuff Sack, Travel Laundry Stuff Sack, Clear Quarter Packing Cube, etc.) do not come in black Halcyon. Since I own a Side Effect in black Halcyon I absolutely love this color/material combination for its elegance... Please make some more, I'd buy them all Cool
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbySmurf View Post
    So something like the Guide’s Pack? Or more of a smaller HsJ?
    Yes, but not with the zip-off top section.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    What is your wish for 2018?

Here is mine. I was looking at my FJNs. I have two, one in azure that I use for work and one in plum for the volunteering that I do. My wish is for the FJN to be made in the awesome new ballistic colors. And also for Olive and Canyon to stick around a little longer too.
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea!

I was looking at my goes everywhere, help with everything, FJN, tonight, while fishing for a pencil in its front pocket, to hand to my husband.

I just finished my daily journaling and placed the page on top of my open, other FJN.

An FJN, made of EDC Ballistic, would bring its bright colors and smoothness together, the accessory utmost versatility as the ultimate minimalist briefcase.

I am hoping it is possible since the SK has been made of EDC Ballistic exterior, the inner fabric of the FJN is always Black Parapack to help keep its portable Field Notebook shape, which is handy when rooms have no desks.
    Last edited by backpack; 12-05-2017 at 10:39 AM.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do the several feel like to the touch? Are they all smooth? How would you compare them?
    The 1025 has the largest filament/thread size, so when you run your finger over it, you can feel a weave. With the 525, I feel less of the weave, but can still tell its there. With the 200, I do not feel a weave at all, it feels like a smooth fabric to me, similar to how parapack feels. All of the fabrics feel smooth, in the sense that your finger glides on the surface and doesn't get tripped up, doesn't feel rough.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Digital Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    I am wondering why most accessories (Travel Tray, Travel Stuff Sack, Travel Laundry Stuff Sack, Clear Quarter Packing Cube, etc.) do not come in black Halcyon. Since I own a Side Effect in black Halcyon I absolutely love this color/material combination for its elegance... Please make some more, I'd buy them all Cool
    Well, I can't say why Tom Bihn doesn't make them, but I can tell you why I wouldn't necessarily buy them. A bright liner/organizer is like someone turned a light one. You can see everything.

Digital Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    The 1025 has the largest filament/thread size, so when you run your finger over it, you can feel a weave. With the 525, I feel less of the weave, but can still tell its there. With the 200, I do not feel a weave at all, it feels like a smooth fabric to me, similar to how parapack feels. All of the fabrics feel smooth, in the sense that your finger glides on the surface and doesn't get tripped up, doesn't feel rough.
    So, maybe this is a stupid question, but what's the advantage in each direction? Is the 525d nylon as strong as the 1025d?

MA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mini Makers bag ~450 cu inch
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

Forum Member
    Chicago
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The return of Dawn as a permanent color.

Or Monarch (or another orange color).

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncing View Post
    So, maybe this is a stupid question, but what's the advantage in each direction? Is the 525d nylon as strong as the 1025d?
    The thinner the fabric, the lighter weight and more flexible the fabric. Luggage you want thicker, linings and pouches thinner.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2018 wish is to bring Fjord back to accessories!! I keep seeing it in old photos from Google and it's SO beautiful. I've been watching Ebay to see if I can snag something, anything!

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMEBLOM View Post
    My 2018 wish is to bring Fjord back to accessories!! I keep seeing it in old photos from Google and it's SO beautiful. I've been watching Ebay to see if I can snag something, anything!
    Ditto on Fjord, and while we're at it, can we get more Sitka, because THAT was an amazing color. Maybe swap out Grass for Sitka? Smilie
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we have a color request theme going, I'd love the return of Solar and Zest and Sapphire (it can be a limited run of Solar, Zest, Sapphire, Sitka, and Fjord Big Grin ), just long enough so that the fans of the colors can buy keystraps, yarn stuff sacks, organizer pouches, and travel trays of those glorious colors!

(The key straps can be the awesome material they use now, the non-Halcyon one, with the listed colors of the past!)

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Fjord travel tray and it's definitely a beautiful color! I would also vote for Dawn to stay. I haven't seen it in real life, but it looks beautiful in pictures. In general I would love to have more color choice when it comes to slightly muted and cool colors. There's a lot of brights and warm colors, but not really much choice for someone who prefers something more neutral and less loud. Always going for black, navy and grey is kind of boring. But those are the only colors that go well with my wardrobe.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burnt Orange Synapse. Did TB ever make Burnt Orange Synapses?

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast