1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    I don't have any issues with the backpack straps or back panel on the current DLBP, and I know many others on the forum love theirs too. Maybe you could try the DLBP out in the flesh if another forum member lives near you? Might reassure you as to whether it's right/wrong for you personally.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    I expect I will be ordering a DLBP with my next order to try for myself. Do you think your opinion of the DLBP backpack straps change if you had a 12-15 pound carry? A heavy load on the basic, non padded straps is my worry for longer use times.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used the DLBP for grocery shopping including tins of tomatoes etc with a 25 minute walk home without any problems at all. Having said that, your load does sound significant in the DLBP. It sounds like a job for smart alec, except that was discontinued...
    I suppose the brain bag would be too big/complicated? I understand the main compartment is divided into two which means you can only use one and cinch it smaller with the straps.
    I'll be interested to know how you get on 🙂

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    I expect I will be ordering a DLBP with my next order to try for myself. Do you think your opinion of the DLBP backpack straps change if you had a 12-15 pound carry? A heavy load on the basic, non padded straps is my worry for longer use times.
    If at all possible, order the Luminary, the S19 and the S25 as well, I would even add the Brain Bag.

Try them all, indoors loaded with 12-15 pounds of stuff (clothes, electronics, paperwork...) adjust the backpack straps, clip/unclip both the Sternum and Waist Straps and walk around the house, go up and down the stairs, do chores (laundry and dishes are perfect for that because you have to stand, bend, reach up with the weight on your back).

With that method, you will soon find out if a bag is great, ok, could work or, don't even think about it for 12-15 pounds of stuff.

I used to carry 40 pounds in the Brain Bag without trouble, but I have since limited myself to 12-15 pounds or even less in the S19 or other Tom Bihn EDC.

The Luminary is a dream of streamlined design and comfort, I ordered it with a high rate of skepticism, but it has won me over.

I also wondered about the Daylight Backpack, when it was first introduced, I finally decided to take the plunge and it has been a very versatile travel accessory, S19 replacement on trips and EDC backpack when hot and humid weather appears.
    Last edited by backpack; 05-03-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    If at all possible, order the Luminary, the S19 and the S25 as well, I would even add the Brain Bag.

I used to carry 40 pounds in the Brain Bag without trouble, but I have since limited myself to 12-15 pounds or even less in the S19 or other Tom Bihn EDC.

The Luminary is a dream of streamlined design and comfort, I ordered it with a high rate of skepticism, but it has won me over.

I also wondered about the Daylight Backpack, when it was first introduced, I finally decided to take the plunge and it has been a very versatile travel accessory, S19 replacement on trips and EDC backpack when hot and humid weather appears.
    For just over a year I have had a S25 and like it a lot, it carried a ~16lb load comfortably. As I started understanding and using organizational pouches (pockets, 3DOC's, SS) it become clear, my packing style preference appears to be less bag organization and more self-chosen organizers. Knowing that now, I only need the main compartment of the S25 and such a backpack would be simple, comfortable, and work well. That drifted to the DLBP as possible replacement and an alternate fit into the s25 main compartment as day bag/packing cube. So an S19 is too small of a main compartment, a Luminary is nice and perfect feature-wise though not big enough, and a BB is twice the size I need. My hope is the hinted Luminary for taller people (I'm 5-11 so not real tall, but taller) will be stretched to a larger bag and not just different backpack strap set-up. DLBP will be on my next order. So back to my initial wish of DLBP with padded straps and breathable backing and/or a S25 with all the front pockets removed and a flat pocket with a pen and phone pocket.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    For just over a year I have had a S25 and like it a lot, it carried a ~16lb load comfortably. As I started understanding and using organizational pouches (pockets, 3DOC's, SS) it become clear, my packing style preference appears to be less bag organization and more self-chosen organizers. Knowing that now, I only need the main compartment of the S25 and such a backpack would be simple, comfortable, and work well. That drifted to the DLBP as possible replacement and an alternate fit into the s25 main compartment as day bag/packing cube. So an S19 is too small of a main compartment, a Luminary is nice and perfect feature-wise though not big enough, and a BB is twice the size I need. My hope is the hinted Luminary for taller people (I'm 5-11 so not real tall, but taller) will be stretched to a larger bag and not just different backpack strap set-up. DLBP will be on my next order. So back to my initial wish of DLBP with padded straps and breathable backing and/or a S25 with all the front pockets removed and a flat pocket with a pen and phone pocket.
    I see, the DLBP is going to be perfect for you, to me, it is slightly roomier than the S19 and not as big as the S25.

I have a Luminary and I have to admit that the it has the very best padded straps of the whole TB Backpack line.

I am strongly in favor of those straps included in the whole line of TB Backpack, as a lady, this squishy fabric placed where it is, is welcomed, especially in summer or during long walking distance with my TB Backpack.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I see, the DLBP is going to be perfect for you, to me, it is slightly roomier than the S19 and not as big as the S25.
    +1 I adore the DLBP. I dont want all the organizer pockets they just get in the way of my awesome
    pouches and organizers.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I have no need for the Hero's Journey pack, I love the top pack on it. Has there been any thought to either selling it by itself or designing a new bag similar to it? (It does seem to overlap the Luminary and the Stowaway pack in some respects - or maybe I just need some sleep.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the simplicity and adaptability of the Yeoman, but if there is one thing that would be an added bonus, it would be a simple mesh or fabric pocket on the underside of the lovely large lid. I wonder if that would be an easily added feature?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like the Co-pilot to be 1"-1.5" wider, to accommodate modern laptops. Love that it has all of the organization of the Pilot but the Pilot is too big for laptops less than 13". And the DLBC simply lacks the organizational features of the Co-pilot. Making the Co-pilot slightly wider will still make it a very good bag for personal items.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping for a larger COW with room for unfolded US currency and a way to organize cards. I like the idea of the current COW, but can’t tell at a glance when one card may be missing (left in those darned new chip reader things).

I’d also love a larger Side Kick, something “East-West” shaped with organizer pockets, yet not as large as a Maker Bag. My MCB is great, but more Vertically oriented than I’d like. Dyneema is my jam for lighter weight. I’m eagerly awaiting the Luminary 10 as a possible EDC, yet not sure about that vertical set up. I tend to find that tall space wasted. Am I missing any options currently?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also want something sized ideally to hold cash, unfolded. I travel to countries that are picky about the condition of bills, and currency needs to look pristine. Cash can fit in the small organizer pouches if you try; however, the bills get a bit smooshed in the process, and the "height" is too generous. I ended up buying a pencil organizer pouch for this purpose, but the pouch is too wide to be perfect. (If it was the right size, I could put the pouch inside a money belt, hide it easier in my bag, hide it easier in a room, etc.)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elainebinca View Post
    I am hoping for a larger COW with room for unfolded US currency and a way to organize cards. I like the idea of the current COW, but cant tell at a glance when one card may be missing (left in those darned new chip reader things).

Id also love a larger Side Kick, something East-West shaped with organizer pockets, yet not as large as a Maker Bag. My MCB is great, but more Vertically oriented than Id like. Dyneema is my jam for lighter weight. Im eagerly awaiting the Luminary 10 as a possible EDC, yet not sure about that vertical set up. I tend to find that tall space wasted. Am I missing any options currently?
    Sounds like you want to join my crusade for a mini-makers bag. 450-550 ci same general layout as the original. Ya heard!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side Kick in original/island
    2018 Wish List

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26