Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyWeeks View Post
    A clear OP that holds/displays a half-sheet of paper.
    This, but with a full sheet of legal paper displayed. Well, even a full sheet of 8.5x11 would be great, too.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    This, but with a full sheet of legal paper displayed. Well, even a full sheet of 8.5x11 would be great, too.
    I'm pretty sure the Large Clear OP does hold a full sheet of US letter sized paper without folding it. I currently have a few A4 folders in a Large Halcyon OP and A4 is a little longer than US Letter.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Large Clear OP does hold a full sheet of US letter sized paper without folding it. I currently have a few A4 folders in a Large Halcyon OP and A4 is a little longer than US Letter.
    Yes, and you can place a ream (that's 500 sheets) of standard weight US Letter paper in a Large Organizer Pouch. I don't have any full packages of 20 lb weight, archival US letter size paper handy, but I'm pretty sure a ream of that type of paper also fit in the LOP.

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    You're right, Cristina, but my statement was ambiguous---I'd like an organizer pouch that is made to hold only a few sheets of paper...something that protects my daily itinerary while traveling and is simple to find in my luggage, so I can pull it out quickly as needed during the day. Maybe it would hold a paper copy of airline boarding passes, too, but anything that holds more than three or four pages starts to defeat my purpose. A sheet of letter size paper is 8.5x11, whereas a large op is 14.6"x 11.2", so the pouch much larger that necessary, resulting in potential problems fitting into bags with a smaller footprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, and you can place a ream (that's 500 sheets) of standard weight US Letter paper in a Large Organizer Pouch. I don't have any full packages of 20 lb weight, archival US letter size paper handy, but I'm pretty sure a ream of that type of paper also fit in the LOP.
    Thanks, moriond---I should've been more clear with my wish to carry only a few sheets of paper in the pouch Smilie
    Last edited by ThomGault; 06-26-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    You're right, Cristina, but my statement was ambiguous---I'd like an organizer pouch that is made to hold only a few sheets of paper...something that protects my daily itinerary while traveling and is simple to find in my luggage, so I can pull it out quickly as needed during the day. Maybe it would hold a paper copy of airline boarding passes, too, but anything that holds more than three or four pages starts to defeat my purpose. A sheet of letter size paper is 8.5x11, whereas a large op is 14.6"x 11.2", so the pouch much larger that necessary, resulting in potential problems fitting into bags with a smaller footprint.

Thanks, moriond---I should've been more clear with my wish to carry only a few sheets of paper in the pouch Smilie
    This may not be what you want, but a letter sized piece of paper should fit in the Medium Clear OP if folded once. This would be suitable for most purposes, unless you need to print really large maps or use very large fonts (in which case perhaps a double-sided clear pouch of a similar size might be better), and it would fit in smaller travel bags as well.

Forum Member
    Twin Cities Burbclave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may not be what you want, but a letter sized piece of paper should fit in the Medium Clear OP if folded once.
    Yeah, it does. But some of the paper doesn't quite show, hidden by the zipper.

I realize it's a picky ask (and I know I'm not likely to get it, and that's fine. But this IS a wishlist after all :-) ): But I want it to display a half sheet pattern print out. So I can pull the OP out of my bag, and still read the entire sheet without having to unzip/open the OP.

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a tangentential query, what was the basis of the decision to make organizer pouches in the current sizes? Is it based solely on the size of the fabric remnants from which the pouches are constructed? If so, as designs change, isn't it likely that the size of leftover material would change, too, thus facilitating potential new sizes?

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A DOP or OP that matches the dimensions of the DLBC. So a Large, but a little less Large. Large-minus. Largette.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    A DOP or OP that matches the dimensions of the DLBC. So a Large, but a little less Large. Large-minus. Largette.
    Yes, I'd like a large DOP that fits in the Pilot without having to fold the top edge over.

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see a Synapse 22 - something halfway between the very compact S19 and the sometimes-almost-too-much S25. (Don't ask why I've been looking longingly at the page for the Brain Bag, a bag so voluminous I would have little use for it, but which has a design that I simply love.) It's probably a silly, silly ask, but still...
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also love a Synapse 22. Also, can there please be one more run of the Synapses with the Olive ballistic/Northwest Sky Halcyon color combination? I love that combination, and I know that Olive is being discontinued...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love for the Cafe Bags to be available with Island interiors and either Black Halcyon or Original Halcyon exteriors (a swoon-worthy color combination)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synapse 25 Black Halycon and Ultraviolet insides Heart Eyes

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm STILL hoping for an actual laptop bag...

* Naturally fits a 15" without paying extra for a cache
    * Stands-up on its own
    * No outside-accessible pockets (looking at you, S25...)
    * Weather resistant zippers
    * Lesser useless pockets as on the S25 (I never carry that many small items so I genuinely have no need for virtually every pocket on this bag)
    * Less wasted space than the Synapse:
    - The bag is ovoid-shaped, but the space used on my bag is defined by its widest and deepest point, so the space carved out to shape the bag is wasted e.g. when navigating a crowd
    - Those smaller pockets are well-designed to always hold their capacity, but it means the bag does not expand well or carry well when full, as the main compartment does not expand into them
    * That same awesome feel that my S25 has... Those same AWESOME #10 zippers...

Possibly also pining for 30L travel bag that's more versatile (i.e. a Daypack alternative) than the Aeronaut 30.
    Last edited by pott; 06-30-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the Pop Tote had a baby with the Night Flight Travel Duffel?

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast