Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinoidea View Post
    I would love to have a gray/veridian makers bag. (I could go either way with which of those colors is on the outside or inside)

With the modification of a zipper across the top that could fully unzip and the flap be tucked inside. So, you could not zip it and get the same thing you have now, or zip it for security and structure. (In my mind, the zipper only fully attached to the front and back, but not to either side, which means the side bockets are still really easy for me to drop a water bottle into and retrieve it).

And a slip pocket along the back outside the bag.
    Id buy it!

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Renewing my wish for a Mini Maker's Bag. Something in a horizontal layout, with good organization and a flap/snaphook closure, a little bit bigger than a Small Cafe Bag but not as large as a Medium Cafe Bag. With the flexibility of the fabrics used for the Cafe Bags and Maker's Bag, not something as stiff and un-flexible as a Side Kick.

Small Cafe Bag is my usual daily carry, but there are day I'd like to add in just one more thing but I don't need to go all the way up to a Maker's Bag or Medium Cafe Bag. And at the "just a little bit bigger" I think a horizontal layout would make for easier organization and a more comfortable carry.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, a mini messenger bag! A slip pocket on the back would also be GREAT! (I had one from another company, which I LOVED, but it didn't have the genius of a Bihn bag.)

Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    Renewing my wish for a Mini Maker's Bag. Something in a horizontal layout, with good organization and a flap/snaphook closure, a little bit bigger than a Small Cafe Bag but not as large as a Medium Cafe Bag. With the flexibility of the fabrics used for the Cafe Bags and Maker's Bag, not something as stiff and un-flexible as a Side Kick.

Small Cafe Bag is my usual daily carry, but there are day I'd like to add in just one more thing but I don't need to go all the way up to a Maker's Bag or Medium Cafe Bag. And at the "just a little bit bigger" I think a horizontal layout would make for easier organization and a more comfortable carry.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post

Could you just shorten a MCB?

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you just shorten a MCB?
    No. The Maker’s Bag is considerably larger and heavier than something “just a little bigger” than a Small Cafe Bag. I love my Maker’s Bag, but it’s much too much for what I want.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. You said,
    - horizontal
    - flap
    - bigger than small cafe bag, not as big as medium cafe bag
    - not stiff and inflexible

Seemed like a shortened medium cafe bag would be just right. It would fit all your criteria. Have you tried a medium cafe bag? I use it when I need less than my makers bag.

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep hoping that Nebulous Gray will show up as a color option on the S25 page.

Because no, I'm totally not fantasizing about outfitting a Nebulous Gray S25 with AV zipper pulls Big Grin
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a medium Cafe Bag. Got it about a month ago, and have never used this type of bag before. I think it is an all around good size. It is 10.6w x12.2h x3d".

I'm going to take it on its first trip in a couple of weeks, just N. Calif. to Colorado and back. We'll see how that works for me with my usual air travel stuff.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. You said,
    - horizontal
    - flap
    - bigger than small cafe bag, not as big as medium cafe bag
    - not stiff and inflexible

Seemed like a shortened medium cafe bag would be just right. It would fit all your criteria. Have you tried a medium cafe bag? I use it when I need less than my makers bag.
    I have had a Medium Cafe Bag, it didn't work for me in any way. The vertical layout is not what I'm looking for, and I'm not looking to hack up an expensive bag. What I'm looking for, which is why I put it in the Wish List thread, is a Mini Maker's Bag, which would be created horizontal and thus slightly wider than a Medium Cafe Bag and not something hacked up to be "sort of right."
    Rambling On. . . . .

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I really wanted a copilot packing cube.

The bag worked great without it, I just kept thinking, "Dang. I wish I had a packing cube!" Lol.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I really wanted a copilot packing cube.

The bag worked great without it, I just kept thinking, "Dang. I wish I had a packing cube!" Lol.
    For the main section the Western Flyer small packing cube or a PCSB fits well in my experience 2018 Wish List
    For the small front sections I find a Side Effect too large but a 3DOC works.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

cave of caerbannog
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A TB drawstring backpack...sized around 17 long 14 wide with a zipper side pocket.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my SA - one of the most comfortable, versatile and capable backpacks I have ever used....and judging by the frequent positive references to it that I still see on the forums, I am not alone in this SA appreciation.
    I was sad to see it retired but I realise that not all bags, accessories, colours, fabrics etc can always be available. However, I would be thrilled to see the SA or similar appear again!
    Also, the awesome YD in a lighter weight material, 525 or Halcyon would be amazing! I appreciate it would not be as rugged, but think of the possibilities!

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see any of the following in Coyote/Island, with minimal black on the outside (so the outside trim would look more like the Citizen Canine or Guide's Pack):

SE
    WF
    A30
    DLBP

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came to Tom Bihn a few years ago, after some amazing colors got discontinued. I'd love it if Tom Bihn would have limited edition runs of some "gone, but not forgotten" colors that people loved ( we could vote! Cardinal red ballistic, Sapphire Halcyon! Solar!), maybe one color at a time for 9-12 months (like a guest lecturer at university, hahaha) so that people like me who missed the color on the first go-round could have an opportunity to buy a few things at non-ridiculous eBay prices

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast