Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dot View Post
    I came to Tom Bihn a few years ago, after some amazing colors got discontinued. I'd love it if Tom Bihn would have limited edition runs of some "gone, but not forgotten" colors that people loved ( we could vote! Cardinal red ballistic, Sapphire Halcyon! Solar!), maybe one color at a time for 9-12 months (like a guest lecturer at university, hahaha) so that people like me who missed the color on the first go-round could have an opportunity to buy a few things at non-ridiculous eBay prices
    Ridiculous ebay prices? You mean like the 133% increase for a solar OP? Or 65% markup on zest shop bags? Or the $160 profit off of a synapse 25 guides edition? And yes, I realize that I'm jealous that I don't have the disposable income to chase retired colors and designs. The free market can be a funny thing.

Forum Member
    NC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want something in between the Western Flyer and Pilot, with backpack straps. Basically, large enough to hold a 15" laptop, but small enough to be an undisputed personal item. I don't want a full-time backpack like the S19 though, I want a convertible briefcase type bag.

Forum Member
    NC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about more limited-edition halcyon colors, too. I prefer having accessories that aren't the same colors as the linings of my larger bags, so I can spot them easily. But all of my larger bags have different color linings from the family of regulars, so...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catherder View Post
    I want something in between the Western Flyer and Pilot, with backpack straps. Basically, large enough to hold a 15" laptop, but small enough to be an undisputed personal item. I don't want a full-time backpack like the S19 though, I want a convertible briefcase type bag.
    Yes please!

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After having discovered that a travel cubelet would exactly fit my needs (somehow TB often produces bags that meet my needs even before I know that I need them!), I was sad to discover that the lining for all colors of travel cubelet is violet aether, which, IMO, simply does not look right with some of the exterior fabrics (e.g., Deep Blue, Island, Mars Red.) Kat mentioned that it was not likely that lining color would change, which I find unfortunate. It would be great if, at the very least, Island aether was used for the blue bags so the colors wouldn't be so jarring.

I'd also like to see a new aether color that is neutral...getting rid of carbon aether was a mistake, as the remaining aether colors often just don't pair well.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    After having discovered that a travel cubelet would exactly fit my needs (somehow TB often produces bags that meet my needs even before I know that I need them!), I was sad to discover that the lining for all colors of travel cubelet is violet aether, which, IMO, simply does not look right with some of the exterior fabrics (e.g., Deep Blue, Island, Mars Red.) Kat mentioned that it was not likely that lining color would change, which I find unfortunate. It would be great if, at the very least, Island aether was used for the blue bags so the colors wouldn't be so jarring.

I'd also like to see a new aether color that is neutral...getting rid of carbon aether was a mistake, as the remaining aether colors often just don't pair well.
    Most of my TC's have the carbon lining...but I do have a Dawn and Olive in the violet and it actually works well - isn't visually jarring... I would prefer options too, but if you have a chance to see it in person, check it out... it's not as bright as it shows on the webpages
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Most of my TC's have the carbon lining...but I do have a Dawn and Olive in the violet and it actually works well - isn't visually jarring... I would prefer options too, but if you have a chance to see it in person, check it out... it's not as bright as it shows on the webpages
    Yeah, I can imagine violet working with dawn or olive. I should have been more clear; when describing violet as 'jarring,' I was especially referring to violet's pairing with the three exterior colors I mentioned (deep blue, island, and mars red.) To me, it would be logical to switch to a different lining for at least these three exterior colors, and perhaps leave violet for other exterior colors. Of course, only TB can determine how such a change would affect production speed and sales.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Organizer pouch for bar soap to carry while traveling. Or a stuff sack sized for bar of soap.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got rid of my TC with the carbon lining because it was too dark and I couldn't see into the bag well. With the violet lining, I can actually find stuff inside the bag. Besides, it's not actually the lining. It's just one wall. I find purple goes with everything, so I don't find it jarring at all. But something lighter and brighter, like coyote or canyon would have been really nice.

Forum Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like to see one last round of some of the smaller items in original halcyon (black with white grid) before its gone for good. I’d like a packing cube shoulder bag, travel tray, clear organizer wallet, and a zip top tote bag in original halcyon...i’d for sure buy them all!

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Id like to see one last round of some of the smaller items in original halcyon (black with white grid) before its gone for good. Id like a packing cube shoulder bag, travel tray, clear organizer wallet, and a zip top tote bag in original halcyon...id for sure buy them all!
    Me too 2018 Wish List

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Boone NC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was sad to discover that the lining for all colors of travel cubelet is violet aether, which, IMO, simply does not look right with some of the exterior fabrics... I'd also like to see a new aether color that is neutral...getting rid of carbon aether was a mistake, as the remaining aether colors often just don't pair well.
    Hear hear! I have the Travel Cublet in Olive with the violet lining. It's not totally offensive, but yeah, I would much rather have a nondescript interior color. With the Olive exterior, I can sort of ignore the violet. I don't think it would be as easy to overlook when paired too many other TB colors, especially if I were male. (Not stereotyping, just saying because I'm married to a very kind man but there's no way Husband would want a violet interior on anything.)

I've been begging TB for two years to add earthtones or neutrals. There are several TB items that I've wanted for a long time but won't order because of the colors. I'm bored out of my mind with black and I can't bring myself to carry anything with a touch of Island or Ultraviolet. In the meantime, I'm losing hope that TB will offer colors that mesh with my wardrobe and calm color preferences.

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
    I've been begging TB for two years to add earthtones or neutrals. There are several TB items that I've wanted for a long time but won't order because of the colors. I'm bored out of my mind with black and I can't bring myself to carry anything with a touch of Island or Ultraviolet. In the meantime, I'm losing hope that TB will offer colors that mesh with my wardrobe and calm color preferences.
    Luckily, I'm a big fan of navy, so most TB items work for me. However, a nice, dark green would be wonderful. I managed to snatch a conifer s19 off of ebay, and I pair it with my navy bags, color matching be damned.

BTW, I stumbled over a related post of yours which was derisive of this bag:
    Attachment 20636 However, the color combination would be perfect for a Hornets game, just down the road from you!

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water bottle pocket mod for the WF and TS: adding interior button snaps, and deepening the cut in the "thingee" to permit the 2 sides of the "thingee" to be folded back inside and snapped against the liner. This would allow the pocket to function like a more traditional pocket when in backpack mode. I really like my bottle pocket, but a lot of people seem to find it useless for their needs. I know that this would make it more useful when in backpack mode, while hopefully not sacrificing any bottle functionality in briefcase mode.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catherder View Post
    I think it would be a good Stowaway replacement. As much as I want to like that one, for form and simplicity of the WF wins over every time. Also, cache rails in the backpack strap pocket would allow for an official third pocket in backpack mode.

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast