Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sidekick in black halcyon and UV

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    Sidekick in black halcyon and UV

You do know that this was on sale through August, don't you? And that it wasn't even the first time the Black Halcyon/UV Side Kick color combination was offered:

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewR View Post
    07/19/2018 New Bags and Colors Ready to Order
    Emerald City Edition

Side Kick, Alphaviolet 525 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon
    Side Kick, Alphaviolet 525 Ballistic/Viridian 210 Ballistic
    Side Kick, Black 525 Ballistic/Grass 210 Ballistic
    Side Kick, Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
    Side Kick, Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Dawn 210 Ballistic
    Side Kick, Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Wasabi 200 Halcyon
    Side Kick, Cloud 525 Ballistic/Viridian 210 Ballistic
    Side Kick, Cloud 525 Ballistic/Ultraviolet 200 Halcyon
    Side Kick, Mars Red 525 Ballistic/Dawn 210 Ballistic
    Side Kick, Olive 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic
    Side Kick, Olive 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
    Side Kick, Black 400 Halcyon/Ultraviolet 200 Halcyon <-----
    Side Kick, Nordic 400 Halcyon/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon
    moriond

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies, I just must have missed it when it was available before.

"Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see Aether organizer pouches. I love the look and how translucent they are.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    I would love to see Aether organizer pouches. I love the look and how translucent they are.
    Oooooh, yes - the ability to be able to see their contents, at least a little bit... And the violet is so pretty.
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a LCB or MCB in original Nordic. Okay fine, anything in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anything structurally stopping the Synapse 25 from having a full clamshell zip? Instead of 3/4ths as it is now? It would be so much easier to pack it - after using competing bags with a full zip it's a hassle to go back to shoving stuff into the bottom of my bag.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by agland View Post
    Is there anything structurally stopping the Synapse 25 from having a full clamshell zip? Instead of 3/4ths as it is now? It would be so much easier to pack it - after using competing bags with a full zip it's a hassle to go back to shoving stuff into the bottom of my bag.
    The main problem I find (having had the s19 for two months now) is that the zip stops at basically the most constricted of places. Basically down passed the zip a whole heap of space opens up. If it just went down 5 cm more it would make a world of difference I think.

Also just got an A45 End Pocket Packing Cube and while it does make the shoving into bag awesome, thereís a whole heap of wasted space at the bottom (because the bag flares out bottom). So overall not too much a fan of how the bag works to be honest. I like all the other pockets and layout but if it was an overall square shape that would be infinitely more packable and accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LordAnubis; 11-05-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I ended up copying & pasting sizes & capacity into my own note about some of the sizes as I was evaluating SA vs S25, etc. I was looking at length (particularly for backpack styles) relative to overall capacity and then I noted whether they were structured/compartmentalized (Synapses) or more open/bucket (duffels, Smart Alec).

So adding links to the spec page from all items would be useful as well as adding two tables: one ordered by length dimension and one by overall capacity.
    YES, those tables would be a HUGE help!
    I had the exact same problem. Having to click to different pages and not having a one-page overview made it really hard to compare and decide.
    I also did a lot of copying & pasting trying to figure out which OPs, packing cubes, etc., might fit best into different larger bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleM View Post
    YES, those tables would be a HUGE help!
    I had the exact same problem. Having to click to different pages and not having a one-page overview made it really hard to compare and decide.
    I also did a lot of copying & pasting trying to figure out which OPs, packing cubes, etc., might fit best into different larger bags.
    TB did implement a 'compare' feature for the main bags... if you haven't tried it yet... click the 'compare' box for a bag on the main page and it will be added to your virtual list at the bottom of the page...you can do up to three bags at once.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    You know, I saw a picture on the forums of someone with a violet aether organizer pouch - I wonder if they are making them and you could just request one when you order?
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a LCB or MCB in original Nordic. Okay fine, anything in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a violet aether organizer pouch, but it was a little gift from the amazing customer service staff when I had a problem that they fixed perfectly. I think they may have some aether pouches made up from scraps, but it's not a regular item. That said. I love it! And I'd buy them if they came in aether.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I have a violet aether organizer pouch, but it was a little gift from the amazing customer service staff when I had a problem that they fixed perfectly. I think they may have some aether pouches made up from scraps, but it's not a regular item. That said. I love it! And I'd buy them if they came in aether.
    I also received a gift when I had a problem with an order- a Ballistic OP in Aubergine and Coyote, your favorite combo! :-)

I would definitely buy a Violet Aether pouch if they ever decided to sell them. I love UV and Violet, and Aether is a really cool fabric. But I think the special pouches stay special and out of main production, sadly, as they are amazing!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I also received a gift when I had a problem with an order- a Ballistic OP in Aubergine and Coyote, your favorite combo! :-)
    OOOOO, I'm jealous! Lucky you!

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    TB did implement a 'compare' feature for the main bags... if you haven't tried it yet... click the 'compare' box for a bag on the main page and it will be added to your virtual list at the bottom of the page...you can do up to three bags at once.
    I had been trying to get an overview and was browsing very generally (sure sign that I didn't really NEED a particular bag for a particular purpose, but hey, it's TB )...but now that I've studied the individual descriptions I just followed your suggestion and tried out the "compare" feature. It IS incredibly useful when trying to choose between specific bags! Thanks so much for the useful tip!

Now (after reading through I dunno how many threads on this) all I need is an overview (preferably with diagrams!) for which packing cube combinations can be made to fit into which bags...and then I'd be all set....

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all-fabric snake charmer

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast