Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An updated Imago. Please.

Maybe a Stowaway with removable backpack straps.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antman157 View Post
    An official lunch box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t even need this, but this would be awesome.
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_atx View Post
    I'm still hoping for Nordic Halcyon outside / Island inside combo Smilie Preferably in an Aeronaut 30 or NFTD.

And an o-ring in the bottom pocket of the A45 Packing Cube Backpack.
    YES!! I am shocked that there is no o-ring in the bottom pocket of the A45 PCBP. How can there be a pocket with no ring?

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A snap-in Halcyon liner for the Pop Tote. With pockets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wish for 2018 is that Tom or Darcy would give us a sense of the feasibility of our 2018 wishes. I think sometimes we see a forum suggestion and it becomes a possible reality in our mind, making it hard to decide on a current TB that would work for our needs. We start focusing on the “future” bag. In my case, I’ve spent the last week debating about whether a bigger Luminary or a hybrid S22 will work for my next trip. How much easier it would be if Tom would just strike out the possibility of that perfect S22!

I’m sure they don’t want to let us know exactly what’s on the drawing board but couldn’t they tell us what’s not?

Example: I found it very helpful when @Darcy posted that Tom was not planning on making any more messenger/open flap bags. Or that the Luminary didn’t work in halcyon.
    Last edited by Traveltech; 12-10-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brain Bag frame sheet
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCSB with inside pockets like the SK and the SE. I have been asking for this for several years now.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    PCSB with inside pockets like the SK and the SE. I have been asking for this for several years now.
    I'd still love to see a Freudian Slip for the PCSB - and bonus, it would work as an organizer in Aeronauts and other larger bags. Maybe a couple of spots for pens, a phone pocket, and a zippered and/or mesh pocket.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    My wish for 2018 is that Tom or Darcy would give us a sense of the feasibility of our 2018 wishes. ...

Iím sure they donít want to let us know exactly whatís on the drawing board but couldnít they tell us whatís not?

Example: I found it very helpful when @Darcy posted that Tom was not planning on making any more messenger/open flap bags. Or that the Luminary didnít work in halcyon.
    I wish the same thing for color combos. Would love to know that something I am dreaming of is just not on the horizon--like the Luminary in halcyon noted.

I would pay some sort of annual Ambassador fee--say $25--to get an idea of whether I need to wait for a color combo, or just move on to a second option.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's the sticky for Discussion of New Colors and Designs, if you click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread I believe you can subscribe to a particular thread. I don't know if it's possible to subscribe to a particular member's posts (e.g., Darcy) but you could probably just do a quick search every time you're on the forums to see if she's commented recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    So all I can ask for at this point ... is to request that 400d black halcyon is used for ... the travel cubelet.
    Please, please, please!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's the sticky for Color List + News, which if I recall correctly was set up in response to a request similar to yours. I believe they do try to keep that post up to date.

As I commented to Traveltech above - I don't know if it's possible to subscribe to a particular member's posts (e.g., Darcy) but you could probably just do a quick search every time you're on the forums to see if she's commented recently.

The Crew is pretty darned good about keeping Bihnions notified of big changes or new things coming down the pike. I don't wish too much for them to be definitive about what's never going to happen - after all, they brought back original Nordic, Solar, and the Little Swift for limited runs - so sometimes there is hope! And always new fun products and colors to replace what has left!

Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledanahys View Post
    I wish the same thing for color combos. Would love to know that something I am dreaming of is just not on the horizon--like the Luminary in halcyon noted.

I would pay some sort of annual Ambassador fee--say $25--to get an idea of whether I need to wait for a color combo, or just move on to a second option.

Minnesota - Land of 10,000 Seasons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wish for 2018? A return of the really lovely Sage green Ballistic! I got the Smart Alec in that color, and was saving up for the Aeronaut, when it disappeared. It was such a lovely cool silvery sage green!

On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're on green, I wish for the return of Forest or Conifer.
    There's a Forest Ristretto on sale on ebay at the moment and part of me wants to bid for it even though I don't have a laptop because the colour is so beautiful 2018 Wish List

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other day I went to my first fitness "bootcamp" and I took a large shop bag with a yoga mat, water bottle, wallet, keys, etc. It was a little awkward and I was juggling everything on the way back to my car. My first thought was to have a long sling sack that went over the shoulder or across the back that was essentially a long narrow stuff sack that could hold a yoga mat and a pocket for personal items, maybe a water bottle. I imagine it almost like one of those tubes that a bicycle courier uses to transport documents, but flexible, cinched at the top, maybe in the 210d Ballistic or 200d Halcyon.

I also thought it could be useful for a tripod, or mailing tube with rolled up art, umbrella or towel to take to the beach.
    MB-Steel/Iberian, SK-Steel/Iberian, DLBC-Grey/Steel, MCB-Orange 152/Navy, SCB-Azure/Navy

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast