Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Wish List

What is your wish for 2018?

Here is mine. I was looking at my FJNs. I have two, one in azure that I use for work and one in plum for the volunteering that I do. My wish is for the FJN to be made in the awesome new ballistic colors. And also for Olive and Canyon to stick around a little longer too.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panniers. (Apparently I need more than 10 characters.)

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That the Daylight Briefcase, seemingly "in production" for quite awhile, comes available in both Red Blend and Nordic.

Digital Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four wishes:

1. Something like the Pilot, but with a dedicated laptop sleeve (not cache) big enough for a Macbook Pro 15 inch.

2. A new external material/color/pattern that's like a heather gray pattern. A material that performs like Tom Bihn's other materials because I'm super-vain and want to carry stuff that's heather gray to go with my raw denim jeans and whatever.

3. Magnets. Magnets are the best thing ever for quick access pockets. Tom Bihn should do more stuff with magnets.

4. A laptop compartment Aeronaut.
    Last edited by Forum Moderator Crew; 01-11-2018 at 07:48 AM.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned in the 2017 thread how Tom Bihn has come through on my big requests for the year (Adult Sprout, zip top tote) and even anticipated the one I was about to make but hadn't yet (Travel Cubelet).
    YAY Tom Bihn!

So all I can ask for at this point (until I can imagine another product I need) is to request that 400d black halcyon is used for the pop tote and the travel cubelet. I find that fabric easier to wipe dirt off of than the 525/200 ballistic.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Digital Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    So all I can ask for at this point (until I can imagine another product I need) is to request that 400d black halcyon is used for the pop tote and the travel cubelet. I find that fabric easier to wipe dirt off of than the 525/200 ballistic.
    Like you have stuff with both just sitting around and you remember what each one is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Pop Tote with veridian lining and interior bottle pockets.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncing View Post
    Like you have stuff with both just sitting around and you remember what each one is?
    Yes.
    I have a 1025 ballistic Aeronaut, a 525 luminary, and 525/200 cubelets. Its easy for me to tell which is which by looking at them/feeling them with the 1025 being the heaviest, and the 200 being almost like parapack.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see the Aeronauts in 525/210 Ballistic!

I'd also love to see something like a 33L Smart Alec - one big compartment, sleek profile, with compression straps or cord. Hopefully with a frame sheet and a huge Hero's Journey style opening.

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wish is simple: a standard sized light loop. They're currently sized to fit only Guardian Lights, which are quite a bit bigger than every rear reflector light made (and less effective, to be honest).
    I understand TB sells Guardian Lights, but as a nighttime cyclist, I need something more powerful to be safe.
    (my favorite blinkie is a Niterider Solas rechargeable)

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A30 with HsJ features - internal frame and compression straps.

And I wouldn’t be disappointed in a slightly bigger Luminary. I love mine and use it as EDC, but would love its big sister even more if it had room for more books and larger phones (current phone fits but it’s time for an upgrade... Smirk)

Edit: wish you could buy the HsJ a la carte. I love the design of this bag but don’t see me having the $$$ to spring for the whole package all at once...
    Last edited by Traveltech; 12-04-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Digital Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    Yes.
    I have a 1025 ballistic Aeronaut, a 525 luminary, and 525/200 cubelets. Its easy for me to tell which is which by looking at them/feeling them with the 1025 being the heaviest, and the 200 being almost like parapack.
    The yarn is heaviest, right?

What do the several feel like to the touch? Are they all smooth? How would you compare them?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mini Pop Tote. Just a somewhat smaller main compartment, so I can squeeze it in a S25, even if they both have some stuff inside.

Pink halcyon. Not purple or red. For shop bags and bag interiors and small accessories.

Some take on a zip wallet. Bigger than the one currently offered, but not big enough to be its own clutch/bag either. I have this wallet from haiku that I really like, because it everything zips shut, and it's not huge. They don't seem to make it anymore. Their current zip wallet seems big to me; I don't need a phone to fit inside or for it to fit in my pockets, but I would like something that carries cash as well as cards that opens more than the TB wallet.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Negative on the magnets. Magnets are bad. They can screw up credit cards and who knows what else.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    I'd love to see the Aeronauts in 525/210 Ballistic!

I'd also love to see something like a 33L Smart Alec - one big compartment, sleek profile, with compression straps or cord. Hopefully with a frame sheet and a huge Hero's Journey style opening.
    So something like the Guide’s Pack? Or more of a smaller HsJ?
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast