Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilymachado View Post
    I know this isn’t exactly what you are asking, but I would love a smaller Cubelet or smaller 3DO, maybe half sized or smaller. I find that the Cubelet and 3DO would fit nicely into the Synapse 19 side pockets if they were a bit smaller.

Alternatively, I would love a mini 3DO to use as a change purse that could hold a few credit cards as well with an exterior zippered side pocket. This could be a minimalist 3D wallet! I have an old Pacsafe zippered change purse/wallet that is great, but it is sadly starting to fall apart.
    Bingo. Coins, License and a couple of other cards and some folded up bills (currency). I don't cary much cash, coins or cards these days to warrant a full blown wallet. I use my watch to pay as many places as possible.

Forum Member
    Pacific Northwest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small is too small, medium is too large! I'm woman, tampons go in mine, but sometimes they are a tight squeeze. I also need some built-in room- I don't carry flat things in them very often.

I too, would like one that is about the size of a 3D organizer cube, but about half as thick, maybe? 7 in by 4.3 in by 1.25 in?
    TB Stuff: Cadet (steel/iberian), Pilot (verde/steel), Synapse 19 (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (New Nordic/NW Sky), Swift (Aubergine/NW Sky), Makers Bag (Black/Steel), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Zest), Aeronaut 45 (Black/Ultraviolet).

Southern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love a vertical pouch that would fit a hobonichi A6 or moleskine journal and zip closed.

I would also love a vertical zipped pouch that would hold a hobonichi A5 or moleskine journal.

I actually have multiple notebooks in those sizes and being able to buy a sleeve for each would be perfect.

I’d buy one of each in multiple colors!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilymachado View Post
    I find that the Cubelet and 3DO would fit nicely into the Synapse 19 side pockets if they were a bit smaller.
    I've found that Q-kit mini's fit in the side S19 pockets... have the Q-kit zipper aligned with the pocket zipper

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a pouch to corral odds and ends in my PLOs. But the mini is too small and the small won't fit. A between sized pouch would be helpful. Give the mini half an inch more width and height. Or put the zippper on top of the mini. Its current location on the pouch's face takes away from the interior space.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and I'm hoping that the scraps from the new colors will make an appearance...?
    Smilie

Forum Member
    North Queensland, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread! I love OPs, and use various sizes for various purposes.

Currently I use a medium clear double OP as a travel wallet, and on travel days carry it tethered inside the front zippered pocket of my large cafe bag (along with my regular wallet and, attached to an additional O-ring I've added, a pencil OP holding "other" currency and cards). The rear pocket of the double OP holds two passports plus assorted cards that relate to travel, and the clear front pocket holds paper itineraries (folded) and boarding passes. Although the shorter front pocket is a better size-fit for passports, I prefer to keep them hidden from view in the rear pocket. After carrying a beloved black leather travel wallet for many years, I do enjoy using a TB product for this purpose, but my system feels like overkill because the medium OP is a bit too large for these contents. So recently I tried a domestic trip without it, keeping the paper bits loose in the zippered front pocket of my LCB. Yuck! Un-corraled, the pieces of paper were just in the way. So, I'm wondering about a double OP with the width, or just about, of a medium, but less height.

Another thought about the OPs is that I would be happy with less-beefy zippers and seam binding, to make them a little more trim.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Great thread! I love OPs, and use various sizes for various purposes.

Another thought about the OPs is that I would be happy with less-beefy zippers and seam binding, to make them a little more trim.
    Me too. But mostly on the minis.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cubelet style OP that is just smaller than a 3DOC to allow internal organization of the 3DOC or used singularly in places a 3DOC fits.

Doesn't get a lot of mention on the forum, but I like the utility of leaf pouchkin that I use as stand alone OP. The 3 pockets have a lot of organizational uses and I think incorporating some of those features into other OP's would be great.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pen/pencil-sized pouches in Halcyon, Cordura, and Parapack. Alternatively, a cubelet that's long enough for pens and pencils. (A rectanglet?) The extra width of the 3D-type pouches would be helpful for holding pens/pencils/erasers/sharpeners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by featherwitch View Post
    Small is too small, medium is too large! I'm woman, tampons go in mine, but sometimes they are a tight squeeze. I also need some built-in room- I don't carry flat things in them very often.
    I'm glad that someone else mentioned this- one of my opaque pouches is also designated for a day's supply of those kind of feminine hygiene needs because it's not obviously a tampon cozy and protects those kinds of items well from potential damage caused by bumping against other things in a Side Kick or Cafe bag.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish there was a smaller "large" organizer pouch would fit 8 1/2" x 11" paper better.

The 14.5" x 11.2" size is too big for the Pilot, and really too big for the sheets of paper I put in it.

--------------

Also, I wish the pouches had little pleats in the corners on one side, so they were just a little bit 3-D. Except for credit cards and money, nothing else I put in them are flat. And even several cards, gets a bit 3-D.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 01-02-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidana View Post
    I'm glad that someone else mentioned this- one of my opaque pouches is also designated for a day's supply of those kind of feminine hygiene needs because it's not obviously a tampon cozy and protects those kinds of items well from potential damage caused by bumping against other things in a Side Kick or Cafe bag.
    Funny enough, I have an old soft-sided day planner (minus the pages) that's a decent size for carrying pads discreetly. (ETA: Or as discreetly as it can be to be carrying a day planner to the bathroom.)

I don't use OPs either because my stuff tends to need more depth. But combining Emilymachado and tebnewyork's desire for a smaller 3DO/wallet-type cubelet and featherwitch and sidana's tampon pouch comments (thank you!), there are many, many, many times (especially nights out) where I have to carry a bag just for feminine products, when all I really want is a small pouch that fits inside my front jeans/pants pocket that carries ID, a couple credit cards, some cash, and tampons. Unfortunately the OPs are too flat, while the cubelet is a little too big. (Pockets in women's clothing generally suck.) A 3-D pouch the length/width of, say, 5 OB Ultra non-applicator tampons, plus some additional depth to add cash and cards, would be a life-changer.
    Last edited by kmw; 01-04-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with another poster regarding a size for unfolded US cash bills. I sometimes use the pencil size for a paper cash wallet, but it still isn't quite right.

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    One idea I think would be interesting would be a double org pouch but with the zippers on opposite sides, offset to opposite long edges to keep them from being too bulky along one edge. That’d make for an ideal wallet for me - cash and coins on one side, cards on the other.
    I have just spotted something very like this, with card slots on both sides and enough room for coins and notes. It would be great for travelling overseas and being able to keep different currencies on each side. Unfortunately the photos don't show the inside, but you can see the two different sizes, and the description gives more info.
    https://www.jackgomme.com/index.php?...g=en&get=fiche
    https://www.jackgomme.com/index.php?...g=en&get=fiche

Something like this with Tom Bihn o-ring genius would be good.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast