Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding diamond accessory strap to Synapse

Has anyone tried adding accessory strap holders to a S25? I am heading overseas for a bike tour and can see the diamond accessory straps on the Guide’s edition being ideal for carrying helmets, etc. (the overall look of the GES25, perfect for hiking etc., doesn’t work for most of my EDC)

Is it possible to order the diamond piece itself and sew it on?? Any other helmet carry suggestions?
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve added a ultralight chair and a water bottle. I also wrote extensive what I feel about them. Here is a review I just published with the photos as well: https://arslan.io/2017/12/28/tom-bih...pse-25-review/

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Has anyone tried adding accessory strap holders to a S25? I am heading overseas for a bike tour and can see the diamond accessory straps on the Guide’s edition being ideal for carrying helmets, etc. (the overall look of the GES25, perfect for hiking etc., doesn’t work for most of my EDC)

Is it possible to order the diamond piece itself and sew it on?? Any other helmet carry suggestions?
    There's a bag hack for carrying a bike helmet on a Daylight Backpack that you could possibly adapt. See @tpnl's post [#97] in the Share Your Bag Hacks /Creative Uses thread

You can also look at the TOM BIHN Forums Bag Hacks Part II Video:
    https://vimeo.com/160672776 starting at about 2:36 min.

I think it would be hard to do a neat job of sewing on the diamond pieces for accessory straps onto an S25. I did post some pictures in the Guides Edition Synapse 25 and its two siblings showing how I lashed a Tripod Quiver to the Guides Edition S25 front (using Annex clips hooked to the lash patches). (In this case the quiver was carrying an Instrument roll that would have been too tall to fit inside the S25, instead of a tripod).

HTH

moriond

South of France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually love the diamond accessory strap on the GE S25 and I wish it would be standard on the "regular" S25.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melhoune View Post
    I actually love the diamond accessory strap on the GE S25 and I wish it would be standard on the "regular" S25.
    And the dual zipper pulls on the bottom pocket!