Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks everyone!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be great to see a maximum-sized personal item bag for an airplane (17x10x9), like the NFTD's dimensions are, but configured in a way that easily handles magazines and a regular-sized tablet.

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingship View Post
    It would be great to see a maximum-sized personal item bag for an airplane (17x10x9), like the NFTD's dimensions are, but configured in a way that easily handles magazines and a regular-sized tablet.
    And shoes!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingship View Post
    But, wouldn't that be the Western Flyer? Asking for real. I use both bags for short trips, and switch between them based on what I am packing. Sometimes it is hard to choose though! I do like how cute and small the NFTD is, and prefer the way its compartments are divided. However, the WF has the backpack straps, which can come in handy. Both fit perfectly under the seat, and let me stroll casually to my plane without worrying about overhead space.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    But, wouldn't that be the Western Flyer?
    Or the stowaway?

I do think there’s a missing bag here between the two with the flat packing style to carry iPads and laptops.

I love the Western Flyer but it’s just a little too big as a personal item. The stowaway, on the small side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People tend to use "personal item" in two senses, which gets a little confusing. @Perseffect, are you talking about one item for your tech and clothes, for a budget airline, or a second item that you are pairing with your main bag? For the latter use, something like the Pilot, Co-Pilot or Daylight Briefcase work well. (No personal experience with the Stowaway.)
    Last edited by bchaplin; 03-13-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    People tend to use "personal item" in two senses, which gets a little confusing. @Perseffect, are you talking about one item for your tech and clothes, for a budget airline, or a second item that you are pairing with your main bag? For the latter use, something like the Pilot, Co-Pilot or Daylight Briefcase work well. (No personal experience with the Stowaway.)
    Great question. I think I fall into this trap often.

I’m thinking of a bag which carries the essentials onto a plane where easy and frequent access is required.

Something to carry your spare sweater, electronics (laptop, iPad, headphones), books, magazines with a bit of space for anything picked up in duty free. Something around the 18L is about right for this (rough estimate).

I’ve found that the pilot, copilot, DLBC can just be a little small for all of the above. The Night Flight as I understand it was sized to be exactly this type of bag but just doesn’t work for the magazine/laptop/iPad.

The stowaway does however but again, is just a little on the small side. The western Flyer does but is a little on the big side. And although the WF does fit under an airline seat, it takes up more of your legroom than a Stowaway.

I’ve just picked up a S19 again to try it for this purpose of a personal item for flight essentials. I just wish the stowaway was longer like the pilot so it’s overall size was just a few more litres.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

Well, I bit the bullet, ordered and just yesterday received a NFTD. I had an online chat with a rep and while she told me that no decision had been made regarding retiring the NFTD, she did say that there were no plans for a new production run. She also mentioned that when the NFTD IS retired, there were no plans for a *direct* replacement. So, I ordered it in black ballistic. The bag is built like a tank

can't wait to use it.

thanks,
    Earl

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by earl View Post
    Hi All,

Well, I bit the bullet, ordered and just yesterday received a NFTD. I had an online chat with a rep and while she told me that no decision had been made regarding retiring the NFTD, she did say that there were no plans for a new production run. She also mentioned that when the NFTD IS retired, there were no plans for a *direct* replacement. So, I ordered it in black ballistic. The bag is built like a tank

can't wait to use it.

thanks,
    Earl
    Well, I for one will be sorry to see the NFTD retire, if it does. A great little bag, particularly in Halcyon or the original Dyneema.
    If ballistic is too rigid you can easily remove the foam insert and make it more flexible!
    A perfect size for a quick trip, camera stuff, whatever!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    Well, I for one will be sorry to see the NFTD retire, if it does. A great little bag, particularly in Halcyon or the original Dyneema.
    If ballistic is too rigid you can easily remove the foam insert and make it more flexible!
    A perfect size for a quick trip, camera stuff, whatever!
    Oh this makes me sad.
    I wonder if I should get a camera insert for mine now?

fredletsTravels.com

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sad too. I really, really, really want a NFTD but don't want the black ballistic. Wish they'd do one last production run in halcyon... or any of the previously made colors.
    Last edited by Traveltech; 03-30-2018 at 03:54 PM.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sad too.
    Wait. Has it ACTUALLY been retired, or are y'all just speculating?
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's official! I really want to want a NFTD but it doesn't fit what I need right now. But it's so cute!

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything I like is being discontinued *sulk* Night Flight being discontinued?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Everything I like is being discontinued *sulk* Night Flight being discontinued?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Ahhh, but new and glorious designs are coming soon... hopefully you'll like some of those!
    Cool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast