Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
  1. #16
    Forum Member earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Share
    NJ
    Posts
    4
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks everyone!

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be great to see a maximum-sized personal item bag for an airplane (17x10x9), like the NFTD's dimensions are, but configured in a way that easily handles magazines and a regular-sized tablet.

  3. #18
    Forum Member bermudajes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Share
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    457
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingship View Post
    It would be great to see a maximum-sized personal item bag for an airplane (17x10x9), like the NFTD's dimensions are, but configured in a way that easily handles magazines and a regular-sized tablet.
    And shoes!

  4. #19
    Forum Member bchaplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,010
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingship View Post
    It would be great to see a maximum-sized personal item bag for an airplane (17x10x9), like the NFTD's dimensions are, but configured in a way that easily handles magazines and a regular-sized tablet.
    But, wouldn't that be the Western Flyer? Asking for real. I use both bags for short trips, and switch between them based on what I am packing. Sometimes it is hard to choose though! I do like how cute and small the NFTD is, and prefer the way its compartments are divided. However, the WF has the backpack straps, which can come in handy. Both fit perfectly under the seat, and let me stroll casually to my plane without worrying about overhead space.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

  5. #20
    Forum Member Perseffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Share
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    869
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    But, wouldn't that be the Western Flyer?
    Or the stowaway?

    I do think there’s a missing bag here between the two with the flat packing style to carry iPads and laptops.

    I love the Western Flyer but it’s just a little too big as a personal item. The stowaway, on the small side.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

  6. #21
    Forum Member bchaplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,010
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People tend to use "personal item" in two senses, which gets a little confusing. @Perseffect, are you talking about one item for your tech and clothes, for a budget airline, or a second item that you are pairing with your main bag? For the latter use, something like the Pilot, Co-Pilot or Daylight Briefcase work well. (No personal experience with the Stowaway.)
    Last edited by bchaplin; 03-13-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

  7. #22
    Forum Member Perseffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Share
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    869
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    People tend to use "personal item" in two senses, which gets a little confusing. @Perseffect, are you talking about one item for your tech and clothes, for a budget airline, or a second item that you are pairing with your main bag? For the latter use, something like the Pilot, Co-Pilot or Daylight Briefcase work well. (No personal experience with the Stowaway.)
    Great question. I think I fall into this trap often.

    I’m thinking of a bag which carries the essentials onto a plane where easy and frequent access is required.

    Something to carry your spare sweater, electronics (laptop, iPad, headphones), books, magazines with a bit of space for anything picked up in duty free. Something around the 18L is about right for this (rough estimate).

    I’ve found that the pilot, copilot, DLBC can just be a little small for all of the above. The Night Flight as I understand it was sized to be exactly this type of bag but just doesn’t work for the magazine/laptop/iPad.

    The stowaway does however but again, is just a little on the small side. The western Flyer does but is a little on the big side. And although the WF does fit under an airline seat, it takes up more of your legroom than a Stowaway.

    I’ve just picked up a S19 again to try it for this purpose of a personal item for flight essentials. I just wish the stowaway was longer like the pilot so it’s overall size was just a few more litres.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

  8. #23
    Forum Member earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Share
    NJ
    Posts
    4
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

    Well, I bit the bullet, ordered and just yesterday received a NFTD. I had an online chat with a rep and while she told me that no decision had been made regarding retiring the NFTD, she did say that there were no plans for a new production run. She also mentioned that when the NFTD IS retired, there were no plans for a *direct* replacement. So, I ordered it in black ballistic. The bag is built like a tank

    can't wait to use it.

    thanks,
    Earl

  9. #24
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Share
    UK
    Posts
    178
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by earl View Post
    Hi All,

    Well, I bit the bullet, ordered and just yesterday received a NFTD. I had an online chat with a rep and while she told me that no decision had been made regarding retiring the NFTD, she did say that there were no plans for a new production run. She also mentioned that when the NFTD IS retired, there were no plans for a *direct* replacement. So, I ordered it in black ballistic. The bag is built like a tank

    can't wait to use it.

    thanks,
    Earl
    Well, I for one will be sorry to see the NFTD retire, if it does. A great little bag, particularly in Halcyon or the original Dyneema.
    If ballistic is too rigid you can easily remove the foam insert and make it more flexible!
    A perfect size for a quick trip, camera stuff, whatever!

  10. #25
    Forum Member fredlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    194
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    Well, I for one will be sorry to see the NFTD retire, if it does. A great little bag, particularly in Halcyon or the original Dyneema.
    If ballistic is too rigid you can easily remove the foam insert and make it more flexible!
    A perfect size for a quick trip, camera stuff, whatever!
    Oh this makes me sad.
    I wonder if I should get a camera insert for mine now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fredletsTravels.com

  11. #26
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Share
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    357
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sad too. I really, really, really want a NFTD but don't want the black ballistic. Wish they'd do one last production run in halcyon... or any of the previously made colors.
    Last edited by Traveltech; 03-30-2018 at 03:54 PM.

  12. #27
    Forum Member sturbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Posts
    615
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sad too.
    Wait. Has it ACTUALLY been retired, or are y'all just speculating?
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

  13. #28
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,392
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's official! I really want to want a NFTD but it doesn't fit what I need right now. But it's so cute!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Share
    UK
    Posts
    257
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything I like is being discontinued *sulk* Night Flight being discontinued?

    Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,757
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Everything I like is being discontinued *sulk* Night Flight being discontinued?

    Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Ahhh, but new and glorious designs are coming soon... hopefully you'll like some of those!
    Cool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •