Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Everything I like is being discontinued *sulk* Night Flight being discontinued?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    My two favorite TB bags are my Smart Alec and Night Flight and my favorite material is Original Grid Black Halcyon. I guess I better not fall in love with anything else.

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy G View Post
    My two favorite TB bags are my Smart Alec and Night Flight and my favorite material is Original Grid Black Halcyon. I guess I better not fall in love with anything else.
    For the rest of our sakes, yes!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I got mine while Steel was available. Disappointed to see it go, even though I already have one.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my Forest/UV NFTD because I liked the idea of it and the cute, boxy appearance. It's my favourite bag for short trips when paired with the S19. Sad to see it go, but it's always seemed like a relatively niche bag.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really am very sad to see this, we have several NFTD within the family, but I do regret that I never managed to get a Steel one!
    I had always hoped that there would be more colours options in the future, especially Steel, & a Mars Red / Canyon would have been wonderful! Oh well.....
    Last edited by KAB; 04-07-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to get a Nightlight to use as my EDC work bag, it'd nestle nicely between the seats. BUT the fact the middle section won't accommodate an iPad is a deal killer.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    I'd love to get a Nightlight to use as my EDC work bag, it'd nestle nicely between the seats. BUT the fact the middle section won't accommodate an iPad is a deal killer.
    There have been several posts in the past with photos of packing an iPad into a NFTD.Unfortunately I can't link them at present, but hopefully someone will be able to do so. So don't give up hope yet!
    Personally I have been able to pack mine, which has a thin protective cover, but it does either have to sit flat on top just under the "lid" or at a slight angle if placed horizontally. Not ideal, but manageable. However, I think that the varying iPad sizes are quite critical.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    There have been several posts in the past with photos of packing an iPad into a NFTD.Unfortunately I can't link them at present, but hopefully someone will be able to do so. So don't give up hope yet!
    Personally I have been able to pack mine, which has a thin protective cover, but it does either have to sit flat on top just under the "lid" or at a slight angle if placed horizontally. Not ideal, but manageable. However, I think that the varying iPad sizes are quite critical.
    @Manny and Others,

This is an old post, but I'll point you to my reply (post #337 dated 04-10-2015 in the middle of the Night Flight thread) from 3 years ago:

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @peregrina, The basic answer is that if you have an iPad Air, it will fit, if a bit awkwardly, in the NFTD, but if you are talking about a regular sized iPad, the answer is that it won't fit. For pictures of how bad this is, look at @Katycorgi's posts in this thread, posts #160 and #161, if you are willing to both insert your iPad with absolutely no protection and also angle it inside the main compartment:

Read the discussion in posts 160 - 164. For a picture of the iPad Air fitting, look at @Missy's picture in post#188:

You should also read the discussion around these posts of exactly how tight or unacceptable people found the fit. For example, @atarango1 followed the discussion of @Katycorgi's posts, ordered the NFTD, and showed her own packing pictures (sans iPad) in post #285, with the conclusion that "First of all, a regular sized iPad just doesn't fit. My guess is I will stick it in one of my Tri star pockets when I travel with the Night Flight".

There are a few more pictures of the iPad in Otterbox case not fitting by @Katycorgi. BTW, the way I found these was by using the search in thread option at the top of the web page for this thread, and typing in "iPad". Since I'm on a iPad, I'm not taking the time to embed all the post links and picture via cut and paste editing, so hope the post numbers and pictures will be enough. Since you're not interested in the iPad Mini I'm not going to link to @kkintea's posts and pictures of that item in the NFTD.

HTH

moriond
    Remember that at that time the regular size iPads were earlier models that pre-dated the iPad Air (e.g., iPad 2, 3, 4), and were larger.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone in Europe, there is an Aubergine Night Flight for sale on the UK ebay site (not mine before you ask)
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323211434504

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    For anyone in Europe, there is an Aubergine Night Flight for sale on the UK ebay site (not mine before you ask)
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323211434504

This is sooo tempting. I know I need something more like an A45, but I really want a NFTD to make sense in my life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3