Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Wirecutter Recommends the Synapse 19

In an article dated 9 Jan. 2018, The Wirecutter recommends 7 work related backpacks under the article heading "Our Favorite Laptop Backpacks". The Tom Bihn Synapse 19 made the cut! It was not a ranking, but 7 arbitrary categories. The Synapse 19 was the choice in the category they call "Jack of All Trades".

I haven't been following the Wirecutter for very long, so I'm not entirely sure how objective or rigorous their processes are. They publish recommendations on a wide variety of products. I believe it is strictly a eMagazine. Worth a look, I'd say.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are owned by the NY Times.... a year or so ago, the Times bought and then combined Wirecutter & Sweethome
    It makes most of it's money off of affiliate marketing (ie, a small fee if you buy an item through their link at no cost to you) like many blogs vs advertising
    FWIW, I've found their reviews to be useful

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/i...e-to.html?_r=0

NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wirecutter is ok. You won't be disappointed, however lately they are pushing more and more reviews that don't make a lot of sense (search in reddit and you'll see what I mean). Also some articles recommend like 4-5 things at the same time, making it kinda useless if you want to look for one single thing.