Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iPod Pro 10.5 with Apple Smart Keyboard and LeatherCover Pencil

Hi All,

Got here via trying to find a bag to put my iPad Pro 10.5 with ASK and Apple Cover (the one with the pencil holder)

So question goes - where do I start? Initially I was looking at the Ristretto but kind of wish it was still available in the 11Ē version and then saw that it can be tight for other stuff. Now looking at Co-Pilot or Pilot or well you know there are a lot of options

It looks like the 10.5Ē will fit in the Co-Pilot but would like to have it in the cover whilst also having the Smart Keyboard on

Currently got a boring old Tumi thing which I have used daily for years

Trouble is i am also looking now at the various travel options like Western Flyer and Aeronaut so its looking pretty expensive stumbling upon you lot

Use for the ipad, daily carrier thing would be on the commute mainly (London, UK) and a very very frequent flyer unfortunately through work (and occasionally holidays)

Rick

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the stowaway would be the best option, for travel you could also get the stowaway packing cubes. Buying it in black will keep its professional look. If you need a suit to travel with then you may need a tristar, I would recommend the the TriStar packing cube backpack along with it. Then you would have a day bag to use at your destination for vacation. The aeronaut is good for travel but would not be great for a "work" professional look. Hope this helps!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickW View Post
    Hi All,

Got here via trying to find a bag to put my iPad Pro 10.5 with ASK and Apple Cover (the one with the pencil holder)

So question goes - where do I start? Initially I was looking at the Ristretto but kind of wish it was still available in the 11” version and then saw that it can be tight for other stuff. Now looking at Co-Pilot or Pilot or well you know there are a lot of options

It looks like the 10.5” will fit in the Co-Pilot but would like to have it in the cover whilst also having the Smart Keyboard on

Currently got a boring old Tumi thing which I have used daily for years

Trouble is i am also looking now at the various travel options like Western Flyer and Aeronaut so its looking pretty expensive stumbling upon you lot

Use for the ipad, daily carrier thing would be on the commute mainly (London, UK) and a very very frequent flyer unfortunately through work (and occasionally holidays)

Rick
    Hi Rick, and welcome to the forums!

What else will you be carrying with your iPad? If you like the shape of the Ristretto, a Medium Cafe Bag might work for you. If you want to carry a slightly bigger load or want more internal organization, I think the Co-Pilot would be a good fit. (I don't have a Co-Pilot, but my boyfriend has the Pilot and the internal organization is very similar.)
    kindness is contagious.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RickW: My Macbook 12 fits into my Co-Pilot, with a thin cover on it. It's a little bit of a squeeze, but it does fit. You could check out the dimensions of the MacBook 12 and compare them to your iPad Pro. You could probably get it in, along with a bluetooth keyboard if you use one.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    Perhaps the stowaway would be the best option, for travel you could also get the stowaway packing cubes. Buying it in black will keep its professional look. If you need a suit to travel with then you may need a tristar, I would recommend the the TriStar packing cube backpack along with it. Then you would have a day bag to use at your destination for vacation. The aeronaut is good for travel but would not be great for a "work" professional look. Hope this helps!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    thanks - I had a look at the Stowaway - my current bag is an expandable Tumi (think business clone look) - it can be used for overnighters or couple of nighters by expanding out the middle bit similar to Western Flyer or Tristar - I am thinking of something much much smaller to avoid bulking out

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks all - what do I fit in my bag; well all sorts of cr... I do stuff in an Arcteryx shell when I am not wearing it; various other gubbins and generally junk I am trying to lighten the load generally as to the MCB it looks like an unfinished version of the Ristretto (I think the Ristretto with a removal pouch/no pouch would work very well)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I traveled with a small cafe bag which had in it the iPad with cover and keyboard in the back pocket of the SCB -- it is a super tight fit. It does fit very well into the MCB. I can easily stuff a patagonia (size women's medium) puff (light jacket) with my wallet, cell phone and even a charger as well as some assorted items. I could fit a notebook and a water bottle into the medium with the other stuff if I wanted.

Here is a photo
    Top left: (left) medium cafe bag packed with all the items PLUS the puff jacket and (right) small cafe bag (not packed)
    Top middle: small cafe bag with all items NOT the puff jacket -- you can see the ipad in the back pocket sticking out
    Top right: puff jacket
    Bottom: iPad, small pouch, pens, tissues, large glasses case, small Q bag with earpods, another set of headphones, small Advil bottle, wallet, battery charger, assorted pens & lipstick.
    iPod Pro 10.5 with Apple Smart Keyboard and LeatherCover Pencil-img_5126-jpg
    Last edited by hillview; 01-25-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    Aeronaut 30 in Aubergine/Wasabi
    Ristretto in Olive/Cayenne
    Small cafe in Plum Cordura/Olive
    Western Flyer in Black/Island
    Synapse 19 in Burnt Orange/Northwest Sky
    Smart Alec in Black/Iberian
    Synapse 25 in Red Blend/Northwest Sky
    Small Cafe bag in Red Blend/Navy (EDCB)
    Accessories:travel tray , Travel Laundry Stuff Sack, 3D Organizer Cube, Set of A30 Aether Packing Cubes, Side Effect, and a Double Organizer Pouch I use as a wallet.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS I have an old Ristretto that holds the 11" Macbook air and my ipad fits into it as well. I don't like it as much as the MCB as you don't have a lot of front give for say a puff or a water bottle.
    Accessories:travel tray , Travel Laundry Stuff Sack, 3D Organizer Cube, Set of A30 Aether Packing Cubes, Side Effect, and a Double Organizer Pouch I use as a wallet.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boo hiss Hillview with your complicated ideas xx

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also given I have iPad Pro and apple Smart Keyboard Cade and Apple sleeve with pencil any other idea?
    Last edited by RickW; 01-26-2018 at 12:54 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so now I am looking at the MCB again after Hillview's post (and the Co-Pilot and Aeronaut) - my 'shopping basket' is increasing at an alarming rate
    Last edited by RickW; 01-26-2018 at 03:32 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to make it harder consider the Daylight Briefcase. It isn't my bag (hahaha) but it does fit a lot of your requirements.
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16396821063

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok checked the dimensions of the iPad Pro 10.5” leather sleeve from Apple it’s 30cm / 11 3/4” tall by 20.3cm / 8 1/16” wide

I think I need to get in touch with Tom Bihn customer services - I was hoping a forum member had the combo to check as putting together a massive order including Aeronaut 45 and countless accessories

Fingers crossed will get it all sorted tomorrow unless someone can tell me today so I press the button and look forward to them arriving

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a number of the bags you mention and a iPad Pro 10.5 and keyboard, pencil etc. Iíll go take some photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So hereís a few options for a 10.5 inch iPad Pro with a Smart Keyboard and cover. Cover is this one from amazon and is approximately 30cm x 22cm.

http://CAISON Tablet Sleeve Case Wat.../dp/B01KF0FQ58

In case with keyboard and lots of room to spare

Ristretto 13 without case. Huge amounts of room

Ristretto 11. Still lots of room

Ristretto 11. With case (padding not required) and it still fits

Co-Pilot. Fits the iPad and case well. Not too much room but not a tight fit either

Medium Cafe Bag. Fits easily.

Daylight Briefcase. Plenty of room.

I donít think youíll have any problem with you iPad in any of these options. Good luck with your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast