Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really understand the issue here. The purpose of luggage is to keep the contents together and keep them clean. Accepting dirt is part of it's function. It's designed with this in mind. Plus, well-used items have character and show the fulfillment of that purpose. Embrace it.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Tri-Star was the one that was horribly mauled by something. Here's a thread including the sad pictures: https://forums.tombihn.com/just-for-...tml?highlight= bchaplin is right, nothing would have saved my bag. Except maybe being in a hard shell bag.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about these ikea bags? FRAKTA Storage bag for cart - IKEA

Or (I hesitate to suggest this as Iím opposed to plastic waste) thereís usually a spot in the airport where you can get your bags wrapped in plastic. Many people do this when traveling for security purposes.
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    My Tri-Star was the one that was horribly mauled by something. Here's a thread including the sad pictures: https://forums.tombihn.com/just-for-...tml?highlight= bchaplin is right, nothing would have saved my bag. Except maybe being in a hard shell bag.
    YIKES. It may be years later, but so sorry, Rae.

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rae I remember seeing that thread for the first time--and it still makes me wince on your behalf. Frown

I don't think I've worried much about checking my ballistic A45 or A30, and I've been lucky that so far they've both come through just fine (except for that one chalking incident...)

However: @Robw in your shoes, I feel like a blank assurance about the unlikeliness of damage to TB bags, due to their tough materials and construction would make me crazy in the same way that I get when people say, "just check a bag and don't hog the bins! luggage almost never gets lost or delayed." Some people are luckier than others, apparently. I'm over 50% for checked bags getting delayed or contents damaged (by TSA), though I have yet to have one get lost permanently.

I hope you can find a good cover solution, and if you do please come back and share it!
    Last edited by kathryn; 02-04-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.Ē ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2