Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question My next bag: Synapse 25 GE or Guide Pack?

Hey there!

I am wondering which bag I should choose between the Synapse 25 Guide Edition and the Guide's Pack. I'll use it mostly for hiking (day hike only) and very occasionaly as a travel bag for a 1 or 2 nights trip (otherwise I'll use my Aeronaut 45).

I already have a Synapse 19 which I find too small, that's why I'll need another one for hiking.

What are your thoughts?

I really love the design of the Guide's Pack, so amazing, but a bit more pricey if you add side pockets, it's a bit bigger too. The synapse is great because it has already multiple pockets.... It's hard to choose! I need your help!!!!! ;-)

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corsonr View Post
    Hey there!

I am wondering which bag I should choose between the Synapse 25 Guide Edition and the Guide's Pack. I'll use it mostly for hiking (day hike only) and very occasionaly as a travel bag for a 1 or 2 nights trip (otherwise I'll use my Aeronaut 45).

I already have a Synapse 19 which I find too small, that's why I'll need another one for hiking.

What are your thoughts?

I really love the design of the Guide's Pack, so amazing, but a bit more pricey if you add side pockets, it's a bit bigger too. The synapse is great because it has already multiple pockets.... It's hard to choose! I need your help!!!!! ;-)
    Those two packs are so different from each other that I think it depends on your packing style.

If you're trying to recreate the accessibility of the S25 by getting all the extra pockets for the GP, maybe just get the S25. Especially if you will only use it for day hikes or 1-2 night trips. The GP might be overkill.

HTH!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cristina,

Yes, i was wondering about getting the side pockets for the GP, but I think that the bigger the bag is, the more I'll feed it with non necessary stuff... But the look of the GP is so cool..... ;-)

NYC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cristina,

Yes, i was wondering about getting the side pockets for the GP, but I think that the bigger the bag is, the more I'll feed it with non necessary stuff... But the look of the GP is so cool..... ;-)
    I think it depends on how you want to carry your stuff. The GES25 has many independent compartments and gives you an exceptional organization capability. The Guide's Pack is a top loader and therefore works perfect if you know how to pack all your stuff. It will carry 3d objects (especially large) much more better than the GES25.

I think you'll do fine with the GES25. If you serious about your day hikes, I would go with the Guide's Pack, otherwise I think the GES25 will do the job.

I wrote an extensive review about the Guide's Edition Synapse 25. Check it out from the review section if you're interested. I'm happy to answer any questions as well if you have it Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks!

>I wrote an extensive review about the Guide's Edition Synapse 25. Check it out from the review section if you're interested. I'm happy to answer any questions as well if you have it

Oh really, where is the post? I think I missed it

NYC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks!

>I wrote an extensive review about the Guide's Edition Synapse 25. Check it out from the review section if you're interested. I'm happy to answer any questions as well if you have it

Oh really, where is the post? I think I missed it
    Here you go: https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...apse-25-a.html (it's one the bottom of the Review's section)

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just purchased the Guides pack and have a s25 but not guides edition. To me you need to carefully consider what you want the bag for. The guides pack surprised me just how big that hole is. It can carry a lot of stuff.

What I love about my s19 and s25 are the water bottle and side pockets. These are so convenient. The Guide’s pack has an opening for the top pocket but it doesn’t offer the same organisation as the synapses. The side pockets are useful but you lose convenience of the smaller pockets and water bottle pocket of s25.

So think about how you pack the bag and what use it for. The GE25 I would use as daily carry, about town or cities, and the occasional hike. The guides pack is for lugging a lot of gear around, family treks and days outs and for when you need to get stuff out of the bag less often.

Hope that helps

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @fatih that post that you wrote is awesome, I think you convinced me to go for the SGE 25. I think the Guide's Pack will to be too big, at least for now. But I'll still consider buying it one day!