Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Aeronaut Backpack Straps coming to a Tri-Star near you?

Based on the Design Notes at the bottom of the Aeronaut 30 page, it seems the new approach to convertible backpack straps is the bee's knees, and so good as to already be incorporated into the Aeronaut 45. I am trying to decide how to interpret Tom's comment about other applications:
    the design principals I worked out for A30 can be applied to some other designs I've had sitting on the back burner as well (stay tuned)
    Does that mean updates to existing bags that haven't been updated lately but now can be? Or that wholy new bag designs are now made possible thanks to this innovation. Or, delightfully, both.

As happened in 2009-2010, when the curved zipped pocket of the Tri-Star found its way to the Western Flyer, I am also selfishly curious if these new design principles will find their way to other existing bags that have hide-away straps (cough, Tri-Star, cough, cough)?

Forum Member
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would interpret "designs I've had sitting on the back burner" to mean new designs, not existing ones.

I'm perfectly happy with the backpack straps on my Tri-Star.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should know this, but how are the Aeronaut backpack straps different from those in the Tri-Star or Western Flyer?
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall the backpack straps being different between the bags.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fannod View Post
    Does that mean updates to existing bags that haven't been updated lately but now can be? Or that wholy new bag designs are now made possible thanks to this innovation. Or, delightfully, both.
    Very observant. I just asked Tom about those back burner designs, and he told me that he was referring to two designs: one was The Hero's Journey and another is a travel bag that hasn't yet debuted. There's also now a third design in the works that utilizes the same design principle. I hope to be able to share more about the new designs soon!

P.S. The backpack straps of the Aeronaut 45 and Tri-Star are indeed the same straps.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)