1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Or, as suggested above, an annual release, awaited breathlessly and sold out instantly! It could be like Beaujolais Nouveau! "Le Petit Sac est arrivé!!"
    I think holiday SSBs are a great idea - I like the Heath Ceramics analogy, being in the SF Bay Area.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At Tom Bihn Inc, there are debuts in December, April and at the beginning of summer.

A couple of years ago, after the Mothership moved to its current location, Darcy said that TB was at production capacity, even if extra people are added to deal with the holidays' rush.

Tom and Nik are always designing new items, so between December and April, which is now, The Crew has to decide what items to phase out to make room for the April, Summer and next Holiday season debuts.
    Sometimes, there are also new items for Back to school.

Now, I wonder if I have missed some of the debuts dates. Long time TB forum members, please come to the rescue.

The timeline has to have very long range because the majority of TB fabrics are custom made.

For all we know, Tom and Nik might have loads of small bags prototypes in a wide range of scrap fabrics.
    It is also possible that, in that lot, a Small Shop Bag and Sprout like items are being re-designed over and over to make fabulous TB bags for petite people.

I thing the Sprout, as used by school children, has challenges accommodating common school items like letter/A4 binders and some books.

The Pop Tote is supposed to be a middle of the road size tote, but, in order to fit over the arm of some, the handles need to be bigger than the Small Shop Bag, so the handles are too long for petite people.

I understand the frustration of discontinued items, I will never get a Navy Parapack FJN.
    Last edited by backpack; Yesterday at 12:11 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the holidays are too busy a time for seasonal runs, it could always be some other (regular) time - Summer Doldrums SSBs! Winter Olympic Little Swifts! (would coordinate nicely with the Ravelry Games - I forget what they’re called... ) #colormehopeful #temporaryabsencemakestheheartgrowfonder

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no! I also have been offline for 10 days and missed this news!

4'10" here. I use my zest SSB every day! I have 1 LSB but it’s really too big for me.

Like others I was waiting for the TC to come back in stock to buy more SSBs in different colors.

Please add me to the list of heartbroken.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6