1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skoobdo View Post
    Of all the various shopping/tote bags I own, the one attribute that really stands out on the TB shopping bag is the cushioned handles.
    Not only are the handles super-comfy, but they are color coordinated with the bag. I never fully appreciated this til the day I was carrying 4 bags in one hand, and needed to pass 1 bag off to another person. If the handles were all black, I wouldn't have known which handles went with which bag. But I was able to separate out the handles of the one bag, and pass it off, without needed to put the bags down or have them get jumbled!
    What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much Darcy for squeezing in one last run. I'll prep my credit card to snag a few of the SSBs before they are gone forever.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bihnions, heads up: there are 8 small shop bags (4 NWS, 4 Island) en route back to the mothership that UPS says are scheduled to arrive on Monday (March 12). Or more specifically, in UPS's words:

"Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
    Monday, 03/12/2018 , By End of Day

Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
    Tuesday, 03/13/2018 , By End of Day"

Now that I got to check them out, I can totally see the attraction to the smaller shop bag size, but I can also see why the larger is favored. I thought the SSB could replace some old, worn canvas bags, but alas, the size is just too small for us. Discovering that the bottom panel is just slightly smaller than a standard egg carton in particular nixed their usability -- an extra inch would've made a world of difference.

No idea if/when the bags might appear on the website (or perhaps TB might hold them for the next round?), but Monday seems a good day to start stalking the website in case they pop up.

Also, a belated Thanks, @Darcy! for the zippered shop bag info. Really looking forward to picking up a few!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @darcy I may have missed the info earlier, but will the zssb be the same size/shape as the current SSB? And the same question, but for zlsb/lab?

Thanks again!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, I haven't had much time to follow this board lately, so I've missed this news. As another short person, I'm sad to hear that the SSB is gone. It's such a great bag--I use at least one of mine every day. I'm anxious to see what's coming, but I'm afraid they'll be priced much higher than the SSB. The price of the SSB was another thing that made it so great.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were at an egg hunt yesterday, and I had brought my small shop bag to carry the eggs we contributed to the hunt. Another mom had picked the bag up to hide the eggs, and then my daughter pointed out that she was using it to collect her sons' eggs. I had a moment of panic and thought "why did I let it out of my sight?!?!" I went up to her a little later and trying to seem as non-obsessed as possible, told her she was welcome to use the bag, but to just please make sure I got it back before we left. I tried to explain that it was dear to me as I couldn't get another, and she said it seemed like a really nice bag. I'm sure she thought I was totally crazy, but she did dutifully bring it over later.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nessagr View Post
    We were at an egg hunt yesterday, and I had brought my small shop bag to carry the eggs we contributed to the hunt. Another mom had picked the bag up to hide the eggs, and then my daughter pointed out that she was using it to collect her sons' eggs. I had a moment of panic and thought "why did I let it out of my sight?!?!" I went up to her a little later and trying to seem as non-obsessed as possible, told her she was welcome to use the bag, but to just please make sure I got it back before we left. I tried to explain that it was dear to me as I couldn't get another, and she said it seemed like a really nice bag. I'm sure she thought I was totally crazy, but she did dutifully bring it over later.
    Youíre a good one because I would have immediately asked for it back, lol or stalked her until she was finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB: Navy/Cayenne; SSB: UV & Black Halcyon; LSB: Island; BB: Black; SC: Navy; Swift: Black/Steel; LS: Aubergine/Island; SE: Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; COW: Aubergine; TSS: Steel, Iberian & UV; YSS: Island & Iberian; Pilot: Black/Wasabi; FJN: Grey & Navy; PCSB: Black Halcyon; TT: Monarch, Sitka, UV & Black.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nessagr View Post
    Another mom had picked the bag up to hide the eggs, and then my daughter pointed out that she was using it to collect her sons' eggs.
    /Gasp! That's adequate provocation for a fight! I would've definitely followed her until she found the manners to return my bag. Anyone who takes my TB bag will rue the day!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I missed this completely. Good thing Iím a TB hoarder and I already have several.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8