Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Pilot owners, please post pics of your pockets!

Iím considering a Pilot but the siteís photos of the bag donít shed much light on the arrangement of pockets and organizational features inside the bag.

Can someone give me a photographic tour of their Pilot? Pretty please???
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post
    Iím considering a Pilot but the siteís photos of the bag donít shed much light on the arrangement of pockets and organizational features inside the bag.

Can someone give me a photographic tour of their Pilot? Pretty please???
    Hi @chaimonkey,

You can check the video review that @itsablur did of the Pilot in July 2014. See A Pilot Video Review (and comparison to the Co-Pilot)

If you want pictures and descriptions in excruciating detail, looking at the threads that get started when a product debuts will let you see lots of pictures and get questions and answers of features of the bag to a community of brand new users. Take a look at The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014! thread. I'd start somewhere around page 22 of that thread, and work forward.

Some examples:

There are more details in the descriptions (and discussion of how the Pilot fits into other bags).

One difference in current model Pilots is that they don't use Ultrasuede to line the two side pockets any more (pictures of the iPad Mini and the smaller iPhones fitting into side pockets) -- it's all Halcyon (then referred to as Dyneema) for the pockets.

Here's one of my pictures of a Standard Size Spiff Kit (an accessory made later on) in the left front pocket of a Pilot (the side where other pictures showed people carrying and iPad Mini):

As I said, it's a question of how much detail you need or want to look through. The video review should show you most of what you want.

There's also a Books/binders in pilots? that shows how the main compartment of the Pilot handles thick books and/or binders.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 02-15-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a video review I did of the pilot awhile back. Forgive how I pronounce halcyon.

https://youtu.be/vZqmFM4H7Ec