Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: S25 and Laptop

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S25 and Laptop

Hey everyone! I have a wonderful S19 that I adore, but sometimes I also need to haul around my larger laptop. Messenger style bags with my laptop inside get heavy really fast, and all the ones offered by Tom Bihn are really large and bulky. Although a XL DLBC could work, if it existed, but I'd still rather have one bag. I know a BB would work but I just am not fond of that one, and it's too large for me.

My laptop is 15" x 10" x 1.25" (without a case) so is there enough room in the main compartment of the S25 to allow it to fit completely without the corners poking out and distorting the bag at the top? I'd likely put it into a simple sleeve, so not much additional bulk would be added, and would have an internal frame for the S25.

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would probably be a tight fit depending on the sleeve. I've traveled with my Lenovo W530 which is similar in size (14.75x11x1.5) in an S25 before and with the sleeve it was right up against the zippers. Your laptop is narrower but taller so maybe not an issue.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I think I'll probably give it a shot and see how it goes. Worst case scenario, I get another new bag :-D

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on my experience, I'd say it would fit but could be tight.

I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 which is 13.5" tall if placed vertically in my S25. I sometimes use a 4Z cache as that's the closest sized sleeve Tom Bihn makes, as they don't have a sleeve specifically designed for the Surface Book 2 15". The 4Z is about 14.5 inches and fits easily.

I also have a cheap cushioned case from Amazon that is 16 inches x 11.2 inches (according to the dimensions on Amazon's website) and fits easily. I would caveat this by saying that my laptop doesn't take up the full size of the case, so when I place it vertically in my S25, the top section of the case is relatively soft because my laptop doesn't go up to the top of the case. For your 15" wide laptop, the situation may be different, but I'm guessing it would work without too much issue.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my S25 came today, and it fits perfectly, with a couple extra inches of space. Against the frame it doesn't lie flat, so I will likely try to keep it in the pouch, or remove the frame and have it against the back.

I'm hoping these pictures show up, they are both showing my computer without a sleeve, and as low as it can go.

S25 and Laptop-s25-2-jpg
    S25 and Laptop-s25-1-jpg

Forum Member
    Somerset, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only just saw this thread - and was about to post and tell you that my HP Pavilion (same dimensions as your laptop) fits in my S25 fine.

Looks like you already found that out though! Wink