Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH NOES! I LOVE MY DOGGIENAUT!

I just saw the update that the Road Duffles are discontinued. OH NOES! I LOVE MY DOGGIENAUT! The Medium Road Duffle is my favorite bag. The whole size, shape, pockets, etc. are so useful. I only wished that the handles were on the side, like the Aeronauts.

Does this mean there's an A36 in the works?

Michigan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so glad I decided to pick up a black Medium Road Duffel last week! It's the perfect climbing gym bag and just looks so happy next to my black Synapse 25 GE. As always, excited to see what's new in the pipeline, but sad to see this bag go!
    EDC: Side Kick/Medium Cafe Bag | WORK: Daylight Briefcase/Synik 22 | GYM: Truck | TRAVEL: Synik 22/Smart Alec/Aeronaut 30

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the looks of the Doggienaut but can't imagine carrying anything bigger than my A30. The mesh end pocket looks super-handy though - maybe an innovation for the Aeronaut? Or add loops so that one can attach a mesh cube (with Gatekeeper clips?) to the Aeronaut when carrying wet things?

Always interesting to see what sizes people coalesce around.

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Egads! This has really been a roller coaster of a week or so between this and the SSB. My medium road duffel is my all time favorite road trip bag. Why oh why didnít I pick up a large? Frown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    Egads! This has really been a roller coaster of a week or so between this and the SSB. My medium road duffel is my all time favorite road trip bag. Why oh why didn’t I pick up a large? Frown

Ditto! I love my medium. I put off getting a large a few times (color I wanted not in when I was trying to piggyback on another order). I was going to get a large for my birthday. Excuse me, I have some moaning, groaning, and teeth gnashing to do.
    What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH NOES! I LOVE MY DOGGIENAUT!

Itís such an odd one, the Road Duffle. So glad I picked up a medium in black though as I do think itís the sweet spot size (36L) which the Aeronaut is missing. Just wish there was an Aeronaut 36l but the medium road Duffle will do for now.

Last edited by Perseffect; 02-23-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer! I got a medium and liked it, but was waiting for the Large because we need something a little bigger. Alas!

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I’m sad I returned my Large Road Duffel in August since it wasn’t right for the trip I had at the time. I wish I would have kept it.

I prefer the Road Duffels to the Aeronauts for a few reasons: I liked the aesthetics; I loved the value; and since I’m almost always with a backpack, using it as a shoulder bag or carrying it would always be my preferred orientation so the backpack straps would have been wasted. Time to scour ebay for one. Bummer.
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads up, looks like there's one Medium Road Duffel left...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...