Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another concept bag derived solely from the Synapse 25 by mirroring the top to the bottom (well mostly). This bag would also be 270 degree “Clam Shell” opening, have side & top organization. In addition the internal frame and the other accessories like a Freudian Slip and the Cache digital device carriers should be allow to fit. Call it the Neuron.

Debate: New Backpack Ideas-neoron-png
    Debate: New Backpack Ideas-neuron-side-png

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's one thing to design a dream bag. It's another thing to sew it together. Zippers are a particular challenge.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking a stab at my zip-apart Western Flyer idea in various carry modes:

Combined looks like a hybrid of the WF and TS with that third zipper:
    Debate: New Backpack Ideas-view1-jpg

The rear pocket in backpack mode, with the exposed interior Dyneema facing:
    Debate: New Backpack Ideas-view2-jpg

And zipped apart from the briefcase top/backpack side:
    Debate: New Backpack Ideas-view3-jpg

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is there not a suitcase style tom bihn backpack? There’s been a huge proliferation of subtly designed backpacks that unzip like a suitcase and really excel as actual backpack. Seems like Tom Bihn’s take on this would be a home run, and the lack of a truly great travel backpack is major omission from their lineup.

The hero’s journey seems like a chore to pack, and the aeronaut 45 is really a duffle first, backpack second. When fully packed the A45 really needs to live as a backpack for any significant carrying distance.
    Last edited by agland; 03-08-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Forum Member
    London
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wholeheartedly agree with this post. I would be seriously in the market for a 30-35litre bag (not too big but bigger than my SA). Laptop compartment close to the body. Main compartment opens clamshell. Some organisation. Great, stowable, backpack straps and hip belt (my SA fully packed can get uncomfortable).
    Last edited by MatthewR; 03-08-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been saving up for a S19 but all this speculation about new backpacks makes me want to wait to see the new designs!

I would love to see a 21-22L backpack that I could use for one bag travel. Right now I'm using an A30, which is great for driving to work conferences, but is too big for me to carry easily through an airport.

Volunteer Moderator Forum Moderator Crew's Avatar
    TOM BIHN Forums Land
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone, and welcome to our newer posters here! Just a friendly reminder to be aware of our forum rules and in particular, rule 2:

2) Linking to and discussing other bag manufacturers in the right context is perfectly acceptable. If you're trying to decide between different brands of bags, or if you need to ask a whether a different manufacturers bag or accessory will work with a TOM BIHN bag, feel free to discuss or link. Posting a review or starting a discussion strictly about another manufacturers product is best kept to that particular manufacturers forum or website. We try to stay as on-topic as possible, and the topic here is TOM BIHN bags. Speaking of which: TOM BIHN only builds our own original designs and styles, so you needn't bother posting a link to a different manufacturer's design and suggesting that we make it too. It's just not something we do: at TOM BIHN, we make our own designs, which come from our own inspiration. And we assure you: that keeps us plenty busy.
    Thanks, and keep on debating!

Debate: New Backpack Ideas-giphy-gif
    We're here to post friendly reminders of the TOM BIHN Forums Rules and Guidelines.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anfields View Post
    I've been saving up for a S19 but all this speculation about new backpacks makes me want to wait to see the new designs!

I would love to see a 21-22L backpack that I could use for one bag travel. Right now I'm using an A30, which is great for driving to work conferences, but is too big for me to carry easily through an airport.
    Synapse 19/25 should suit you. Get a packing cube and you can pack the cube as a clamshell, then put it in the main compartment. Plenty of exterior pockets to give access to items on the go. My everyday bag is in fact an S25, and I would recommend that for travel.

USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To anyone wanting a mythical S22 over a S19: what item doesn't fit in the S19 and which dimension(s) would have to change to fit it?

Orange County, CA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brucep View Post
    To anyone wanting a mythical S22 over a S19: what item doesn't fit in the S19 and which dimension(s) would have to change to fit it?
    Men's shoes.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Moderator Crew View Post
    Hey everyone, and welcome to our newer posters here! Just a friendly reminder to be aware of our forum rules and in particular, rule 2:

Thanks, and keep on debating!

Debate: New Backpack Ideas-giphy-gif
    Great! Hopefully these posts have been and will be inspiring.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akbailey View Post
    Here is another concept bag derived solely from the Synapse 25 by mirroring the top to the bottom (well mostly). This bag would also be 270 degree “Clam Shell” opening, have side & top organization. In addition the internal frame and the other accessories like a Freudian Slip and the Cache digital device carriers should be allow to fit. Call it the Neuron.
    I’d buy this bag IF it were in the 21-22 L size! Synapse organization with clamshell opening!
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! When I started this thread I never expected it to get so much traction, let alone mock ups of bags! Fingers crossed new debuts are not far away now and we can see if some of these thoughts become

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! When I started this thread I never expected it to get so much traction, let alone mock ups of bags! Fingers crossed new debuts are not far away now and we can see if some of these thoughts become reality. I bet TB still have some I thought of tricks up their sleeves to surprise us too!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brucep View Post
    For my case it's the amount of stuff that I normally carry comfortably, not merely a particular item. I'm a grad student and alwats have my laptop, files, some binders, tablet, a jacket, lunch (and sometimes breakfast too) , a (small nalgene), coffee tumbler, and some other whatnots. They fit in the S19 except the tumbler of course since the synapse is designed for only 1 liquid container. A larger size (22) will be perfect. The s25 is too large particularly in the torso area. I'm 5'3".

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast