Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tristar Medium Cubes

I realize this is a Tom Bihn forum and I would happily buy a medium parking cube is any were available in any material or color. As that is not the case would anyone know of any cubes that a perfect size swap out for the mediums. One of the advantages of TB is that is a system - and in this case one element is missing.

Failing that does anyone have an idea when these are likely to be produced again?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Rover View Post
    I realize this is a Tom Bihn forum and I would happily buy a medium parking cube is any were available in any material or color. As that is not the case would anyone know of any cubes that a perfect size swap out for the mediums. One of the advantages of TB is that is a system - and in this case one element is missing.

Failing that does anyone have an idea when these are likely to be produced again?
    Hi. Though not a perfect size substitute, Eagle Creek Specter Mediums are pretty close at ~14x10x3.2 with the Tristar medium cube is 12.8x11.3x2.4. I almost exclusively use Eagle Creek Specter compression cubes to save space. Compressed, they are easily about two inches. So these would probably work for you while you wait for the official Tristar versions. I just received the large Aether cube for the Aeronaut 30 and like it a lot. Its a heavier material than the Eagle Creek but it fits a lot of different bags including the S25 believe it or not. Good luck!

Forum Member
    Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although not familiar with the shape/size of the Tristar compartments I can wholeheartedly endorse the EC Specter cubes. They work in every bag I’ve had, in some configuration. The fabric is very light, the construction very tough. I have some of the first generation and you couldn’t tell the age of any of them unless you know the line as obsessively as us bag-loving folks. Wonderful product.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Eagle Creek Specter packing cubes, compression cubes, clean/dirty cubes, packing folders and various other bags from the Specter collection in my TB luggage. I like the Specter silnylon fabric better than the aether or halcyon fabrics for packing cubes. It's thinner, lighter and silker.

Vancouver, WA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would call or email Customer Service and find out, because I would definitely try to wait for one.

I love the Tri-Star medium packing cube. It fits in the Tri-Star (of course), but also fits in the main compartments of the A45 and A30, in the Brain Bag, and works well in a Tri-Star Packing Cube Backpack when I've used it on a short work trip to carry both clothes and laptop.

It's almost square and just a tad smaller than the Eagle Creek cubes. I find that it being more square fits my clothes better. However, there are times I wish it were deeper. Still, on a very recent trip I fit a pair pants, 1 capri leggings, button-down long-sleeve shirt, sweater, 2 underwear, 2 socks, and a tank-top bra. Note that I'm 4'11" but a bit square myself. Smilie

Did I mention I love the TS medium packing cube?