Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just guessed at size of towel and took a rather common one out of my linen closet. Larger shoes would be the most problematic from what I just tried even with a more compact towel. Although a more compact towel would help. Also I just guessed at how the lunch was going to be packed. Tshirt socks and shorts could possibly be compressed into a side pocket with a camp towel in there or in the other side pocket, shoes and lunch in the main part or lunch in side pocket and computer in the back slip area or possibly main area could work. Minor toiletries and the water bottle did not seem to have any major impact one way or the other.\
    So - packing with a compact camp towel and squishing it along with tshirt, socks, and shorts into one side pocket (t-shirt and shorts are size L) - It works much better - so perhaps the pilot could work depending upon your shoes. In the picture with it configured like this - there is one empty outside pocket for lunch and my ipad pro 10 inch fit in the outer slip pocket - sorry but my dog decided I needed his help.
    Or with camp towel - the clothes and shoes all fit into the main compartment with baggie of deodorant/soap and both front side pockets available for lunch and the small computer in the slip pocket

Feeling lost in choice!-img_9638-2-jpgFeeling lost in choice!-img_0627-2-jpgFeeling lost in choice!-img_2429-2-jpgFeeling lost in choice!-img_6074-2-jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images Feeling lost in choice!-img_6748-2-jpg 
    Last edited by spcanf; 03-16-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for contributing. My gut was telling me that the Pilot - smaller than my EGO - would struggle with everything on a daily gym/work basis, which when you throw in a weekend, let alone a domestic or international trip it just doesn't work. I work in tech and lost my tie many years ago so a shift from briefcase /messenger to backpack is no big deal :-)

After much procrastination I've just placed my order for a Synapse 25 in Deep Blue. Now the wait begins... :-) thanks everyone, will post some pics. Cheers, Matt.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you will be happier with the S25 and not having to tetris everything in as much.
    I appreciate the opportunity to see what would fit in the Pilot I just got a few days ago -so it was fun for me to try and pack in what you were looking to carry.

I am an old lawyer who also teaches. I usually carry the backpack for teaching but it is for me hard to get away from briefcase style for going to court.
    Last edited by spcanf; 03-16-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Houston, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "...but I work in the corporate offices of a Fortune 100 company and a large percentage of my colleagues carry backpacks."

Exactly the same here - you cant get any more traditional corporate than my office. Don't worry about using a backpack. All of my male colleagues and many of my female colleagues carry backpacks.
    I'm female, carry an S19, and have been complimented on how clean and tidy it is. Personally, I'll carry my matching LSB as a gym bag if I need to go to the gym at the office.
    Last edited by Kerrpe; 03-16-2018 at 08:03 PM.
    “Order and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subject” ― Thomas Mann

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as a teacher. I at first didn't want to carry a backpack thinking it made me look unprofessional or young, but most of us teachers carry them. Try lugging papers and files home without one! (Your arm may go numb...)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2