Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

My new large OP (and other assorted treats) arrived today. A quick test fit shows that it will fit at least a stack of papers (~50+ pages), my Bose QC15 headphones in their case, and my Kindle 8. It's snug, but I was able to easily close the zipper. I also got a pen/pencil clear organizer pouch that I can clip to the OP. I'm going to try this setup for a few trips and see how it fares, but I may still end up getting an MCB.

Open:
    In-Flight Organization?-largeop_open-jpg

Closed:
    In-Flight Organization?-largeop_zipped-jpg

Southern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I’m impressed with that pouch! I just use a PCSB but I’m also not a paper person.

Good to know though!

Earth!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this probably isn't the exact solution that you are looking for, OP, but I'm going to leave this here in case it might be helpful to other readers.

I've started using the Little Swift for this, as it holds pretty much the stuff you'd need while in the air: big headphones (I have the Bose QCs in their case), a paperback, iPad mini, a few snacks, a small bottle of water, and other little things like chapstick and an external battery. Then I can put my S25 in the overhead bin. I can also pack the LS down into my S25 if I needed to do so. And I can carry both at the same time. (Sometimes I use the sternum strap to buckle the LS straps onto my shoulder, if that makes sense. Then they don't move.)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a halcyon DLBP as my under seat bag. But, I donít actually place it under the seat. I have a small carabiner attached to the grab handle and clip it to the seat pocket. I mainly fly Southwest and the bag is Nordic so it blends really well and looks like it is under the seat. I carry a water bottle, my Bose headphones, iPad Pro and a Side Effect will all sorts of small items inside. Works great! Plus, I have legroom and can easily access my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was finally able to test my large OP (and pen/pencil case) on some flights. It worked pretty well. The only thing I felt was missing was a handle, which would have helped both for carrying and for pulling the OP out of my Brain Bag when I got to my seat. Even with the Kindle and Bose headset I was still able to fit it in the seatback in economy:
    In-Flight Organization?-largeop_econseatback-jpg

On one of my legs, I was lucky enough to score an upgrade and the OP actually fit horizontally in the first class seatback:
    In-Flight Organization?-largeop_firstseatback-jpg

On the small regional jet, I did have to stick it under the seat, but even that still allowed me to keep all of my stuff contained and easily accessible. I'm not ruling out an MCB in the future, but this system will definitely work for now.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I leave on flight next week and I'll be trying out a large snake charmer as an in flight organizer. I one-bag travel with an s25 and it's a pain to pull it out from under the seat every time I need something. I am hoping that the charmer will help with all that. Pics and reviews to come!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    I was finally able to test my large OP (and pen/pencil case) on some flights. It worked pretty well. The only thing I felt was missing was a handle, which would have helped both for carrying and for pulling the OP out of my Brain Bag when I got to my seat. Even with the Kindle and Bose headset I was still able to fit it in the seatback in economy:
    In-Flight Organization?-largeop_econseatback-jpg

On one of my legs, I was lucky enough to score an upgrade and the OP actually fit horizontally in the first class seatback:
    In-Flight Organization?-largeop_firstseatback-jpg

On the small regional jet, I did have to stick it under the seat, but even that still allowed me to keep all of my stuff contained and easily accessible. I'm not ruling out an MCB in the future, but this system will definitely work for now.
    You can attach a Handle Loop with O-ring to an organizer pouch (actually, you can do it with the clip version, too, but the O-ring would be easier). Three bucks!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love your Large Organizer Pouch idea, Waterlogged.

Mel-h, I think the Pop Tote could be used as a replacement for the discontinued Little Swift, I have used the Large Shop Bag during the last few flight and it is a bit much.

Tim13, do you affix the attachment to the center of the seat pocket? The DLBP sounds like a great idea for easy retrieval of items from under the seat, without the bulk of a bag that takes all the underseat space.

Southern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In-Flight Organization?

I have germ issues so I canít bring myself to put anything in the seatback pocket which is why I usually fly with a YSS and clip it to the seat pocket. It holds my ipad and everything else.

Unless Iím flying first class in which case I use PCSB.
    Last edited by TRD; 06-14-2018 at 03:47 AM.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Often, people on this forum report that they clip something to the seat pocket on an airplane. What kind of clip? Where do you attach it? There aren't any convenient holes to pass a clip through.....confused?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    Often, people on this forum report that they clip something to the seat pocket on an airplane. What kind of clip? Where do you attach it? There aren't any convenient holes to pass a clip through.....confused?
    I use the Heroclip to clip things to the seat pocket! It has a little hook on the outside that lets you hang your items. On my last flight, I overstuffed my S25 and had to carry my water bottle and Switch by hand, so I clipped them to the Heroclip and hung them from the seat pocket. I can't recommend them enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...k-pockets.html

That’s a link with some photos.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The company is Tyny Tools it's a swivel S biner
    Usually people use a medium to hold a Side Kick and similar...
    Looks like they are sold out right now, as is Amazon

https://tynytools.com/collections/sh...p-medium-black

You could try a large size - Amazon has some

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2