Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuff Sack Cord Change?

Hello. I checked the forums and did a Google image search but couldn't find this answer.

Is the cord used in the Travel Stuff Sacks the same as the cord for the zipper pulls? I thought it would be fun to swap the black cord on a NWSky TSS with Island.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it matter? If you're replacing the cord, you can replace it with anything you want. But since the end of the cord uses the same plastic thingy, I'm 99% certain that all the cords TB uses are the same size.

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey tim13, it is the same cord. You could replace it with any color of our cord or really any shock cord of the same thickness.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @tim13,

I think that the cord used in the current travel stuff sacks, yarn stuff sacks, and travel trays is the same as cord used for the zipper pulls. If anyone has the earlier Travel Stuff Sacks and Yarn Stuff Sacks (two small black grommets for the cords instead of one larger one for the cord to pass through), that cord is slightly thinner, but notably softer and more pliable. The change was made a little before the first limited edition halcyon products (Zest, Island, and Northwest Sky) were introduced in June 2015.

If you want to see what the older design of the travel stuff sacks (with two small grommets) looked like, here is a picture from when the travel stuff sacks were first introduced in August 2012, taken from @Lani's article at her Traveliite Blog:

Stuff Sack Cord Change?-travelstuffsacks_all2-jpg

In general, there have been many steps taken to standardize components across the different product lines to keep down production costs. The same style single grommets (although slightly larger in diameter) were used for the (now retired) Field Journal Notebook Organizational Inserts.

HTH

moriond