Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even better if...travel tray

The travel tray is one of my favourite TB accessories. Comes on every trip and keeps all of those small items handy and safe. But quite often I find myself feeling around /peering in for some small item in the TT. Maybe I keep too much in there.

I recently saw a similar draw top tool bag with the interior divided like the segments of an orange. It occurred to me that the TT could be easily improved with a little bit of interior organization.I have seen soft draw cord jewellery pouches with similar internal organization.

Dividing into four quadrants would be ideal.

Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure. Then I'd have to search for the right compartment, which still may require looking (which I do anyway).

Most frequently, mine has my watch, jewelry, and room key in it. I don't need to dig around in those things in the dark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even better if...travel tray-img_3520-jpg

I use this set up (which makes two storage compartments) on my bedside table, but haven't used it traveling. The small Sitka TT holds hand care products & allergy spray for bedtime use and the original size Solar TT holds frequently used cords/chargers and a small flashlight. All those things could easily go in the drawer below, but the Solar is cheerful. I switch it out sometimes for an original Nordic TT which is my favorite TB color.

The Container Store sells slotted interlocking draw organizers that you just snap at whatever length you want and fit together. They're plastic, but I bet you could even make a divider out of cardboard, balsa wood or something similar.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upcycled cardboard is ideal to make sturdy and easy on object stored along side them.

It is also a fun and inexpensive way to be creative.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done what Threeteez does, with the small Travel Tray inside a large one. A Q-Kit (of either size) works, too. elisa

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm happy with the open, gaping maw style for the most flexibility.

My only wish for the Travel Tray (which I love) would be that it folded down flat for easier packing.

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't fold flat? I always though it would, because it isn't reinforced. Or is it?

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    It doesn't fold flat? I always though it would, because it isn't reinforced. Or is it?
    It squishes flat rather than folds

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk