Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our wee 'un likes to carry a small backpack and also one of our Tom Bihn carry-on bags such as the mini Yeoman or the Night Flight - it's a great help as this allows us to max out the number of items we can hand-carry on board. None of the individual items is particularly large, but each one has its own use or assigned person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

Thanks for the good suggestions, especially the photos and links to other threads. I will consider the S19 because I can pack extra stuff in my A45 and I want to keep the whine and cheese party to a minimum. Appreciate the responses!

Kind regards,

Ed

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Load up the tri-star and see how it goes. If he can handle a loaded 30 L bag to begin with, it comes down to the bag's comfort. TBH, as much as I love the Bihn bags, I would expect him to be more comfortable carrying a pack designed for a 7 yo's body like the Osprey, rather than one for an adult's body.

Indianapolis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I am late to the thread, but another option to consider....My son is a skinny but tall 9 year old, and I recently got a Western Flyer for him (and for me to use for business travel!). His first "real trip" via plane was to Colorado for Spring Break. The WF was a great size for him fully loaded with clothes and ski gear--just a tad smaller than the A30. The only thing he complained about was carrying his little REI backpack as a second bag because he stuck a whole chess set, water bottle, iPad, a Lego set, and about 6 hardcover books in it. Next time we are making him one-bag it Smilie. When he was 7 though he traveled a couple of times with my S19 and that was a bit tight but worked pretty well.
    Last edited by trailrunner; 04-15-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    A30 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, PCSB Iberian, S19 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, SE Forest/UV, SCB Orange 152/Navy , A30 End Pocket PC Steel Dyneema, TSS in various sizes: Solar, Iberian, Wasabi, Steel, and Zest. 3D COC Orange 152, COP Cayenne, Small OP Solar, COW Wasabi, LSB Wasabi, SSB Zest, PCBP Steel, TT Zest,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2