Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spiff kit as in flight bag

Hi, Iím trying to find a TB solution to my seatback carry options. Iíve been using my PCSB as a seatback pocket Ďlinerí but itís a little wide for some pockets. I know some of you connect the SK with clips but I usually have an aisle seat and donít want things dangling when my neighbors are trying to get into and out of their seat. Iíve gone through all TB accessories online and came across the regular spiff kit. The dimensions look good but the bag appears rounded. Can anyone check to see if a iPad mini would fit with the zippers closed?

p.s. Iíd like to fit the iPad mini, kindle, headphones, snack, chapstick, and maybe a small scarf.

Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Hi, Iím trying to find a TB solution to my seatback carry options. Iíve been using my PCSB as a seatback pocket Ďlinerí but itís a little wide for some pockets. I know some of you connect the SK with clips but I usually have an aisle seat and donít want things dangling when my neighbors are trying to get into and out of their seat. Iíve gone through all TB accessories online and came across the regular spiff kit. The dimensions look good but the bag appears rounded. Can anyone check to see if a iPad mini would fit with the zippers closed?

p.s. Iíd like to fit the iPad mini, kindle, headphones, snack, chapstick, and maybe a small scarf.

Thanks!
    I don't have a Spiff Kit but I do know that a Size 3 TSS should fit all of that, plus everything will be able to slide in and out easily when the drawstring is open.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Traveltech! Did you end up trying the spiff kit for a seatback bag? I'm curious to know how it worked for you. I've tried the Side Effect clipped to the backseat pocket, and a Freudian slip hooked over the tray latch, but I'm still looking for something just right. How has the spiff kit been? Thanks!

~glj

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlg View Post
    Hi Traveltech! Did you end up trying the spiff kit for a seatback bag? I'm curious to know how it worked for you. I've tried the Side Effect clipped to the backseat pocket, and a Freudian slip hooked over the tray latch, but I'm still looking for something just right. How has the spiff kit been? Thanks!

~glj
    No. I ended up returning the spiff kit and using a PCSB as before.

The hanger got in the way of the zippered pocket and the whole thing was a bit unwieldy for what I wanted to carry. The PCSBís weight, flexibility and lack of internal pockets worked better (though it was a bit too wide for the seat pocket on one flight.)

Spiff kit as in flight bag-pcsb-jpg
    Last edited by Traveltech; 06-09-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: adding image