1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a halcyon A30 which has travelled with me on domestic and international trips. While I've never checked it on planes, it has been in bus luggage holds several times and survived that just fine. No marks on the A30 that I can see. My ballistic 525 side kick does have a couple of wear marks however.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've checked my halcyon A30 from Ireland to Australia no problem. I don't have a second though checking it anymore. But my halcyon pilot has a couple scratch marks on front and some rubbing marks on the back as I use it almost every day and I have a long commute.

The only reason I didn't go ballistic for the A30 was saving a but of weight as international carriers start to get strict on the 7kg limit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the bigger bags, I prefer Ballistic (A45, Tristar and Western Flyer). I agree that oddly the small white ‘wear’ marks can appear in the Ballistic more than the supple halcyon, but the stronger material and its ability to hold a shape makes it better for me.

And although ‘wear’ might show, I know it won’t fail and wear through like it might on the halcyon.

On halcyon bags I own the urethane coating also seems to wear off the halcyon much quicker than the thicker Ballistic.

If weight is an issue, also consider than the halcyon is easier to stuff, and therefore to overpack and bulge. I suspect any weight saving in the fabric may inadvertently be lost in overpacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS) & (Black/Steel), Tristar (Steel/Island), Cadet (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Black Halcyon/Iberian), Synapse 19 (Grey/UV), Ristretto 13 (Steel/NWS), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Co-Pilot (Steel/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel), Daylight Backpack (Burnt Orange), Daylight Briefcase (Black Halcyon) PLUS more 'bits' than you can shake a stick at!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up going with the Ballistic material for the A45! Excited for the bag to come in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2