Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nordic/NWS or Deep Blue/Iberian Synapse 25 - Can't decide Need advice

I have been debating over the nordic halcyon/northwest sky and the deep blue ballistic/iberian synapse 25 and I cannot make up my mind which bag I like better. I think it's because neither one is my 100% hands down ideal combo. I would prefer nordic/UV and deep blue/northwest sky. Any thoughts to help push me to a decision?? Thanks!!

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough decision. I like them both, but the brighter blue is the best to my eye. That's the 400 Halcyon. Does it have enough structure/stiffness for a backpack?

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nordic Halcyon is my favorite bag fabric. I have a Nordic/wasabi Smart Alec. I like the lightness and flexibility of Halcyon, so I vote that.

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Black Halcyon S25 and a Deep Blue Ballistic S19. I would choose based on which material works best for your use instead of which color. The Halcyon doesn't retain the structure of the bag as well, which means it looks a little floppy if you don't fill it. Conversely, it's more forgiving which makes it easier to fully pack. It really depends on your intended use.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say wait for your ideal combo - Nordic/UV never seems to show up () but I bet Deep Blue/NWSky will be along eventually.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never loved Nordic (and sometimes I feel like the only one here), so I'd vote for the Deep Blue, but... it might be worth an email to TB staff to see if your preferred color scheme is on the production docket.

Both fabrics, in and of themselves, are great! I have an S25 in Halcyon and a DLBC in 525 Ballistic, and like them both a lot. I'm not sure the fabric would sway my decision as much as the color, so if you aren't able to wait for a combo you like better, I'd pick the interior color you like best (seems like the external colors are a toss-up for you).

Btw, if you haven't already thought of it, consider buying the frame sheet along with the backpack--I really like the stability and structure it lends to my Halcyon bag.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    I've never loved Nordic (and sometimes I feel like the only one here), so I'd vote for the Deep Blue, but... it might be worth an email to TB staff to see if your preferred color scheme is on the production docket.

Both fabrics, in and of themselves, are great! I have an S25 in Halcyon and a DLBC in 525 Ballistic, and like them both a lot. I'm not sure the fabric would sway my decision as much as the color, so if you aren't able to wait for a combo you like better, I'd pick the interior color you like best (seems like the external colors are a toss-up for you).

Btw, if you haven't already thought of it, consider buying the frame sheet along with the backpack--I really like the stability and structure it lends to my Halcyon bag.
    You're not the only one! I love Navy and I love Deep Blue but I don't like Nordic. At least, I don't like new Nordic with the grey grid. It looks like navy in photographs but in person it is much brighter and more purple and the grey grid lines don't do it any favors. At least with the black Halcyon, grey is related to black, so it isn't jarring tonally.

(But OP if you want to wait for Nordic/NWS, go for it! I prefer using the TB bags in my preferred colors over the ones that were second or third choice colors)

Aisle seat
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you need the S25 soon, I second the idea of contacting TB customer service and inquire about your preferred color combinations and see if they might be included in a future production run. With TB I try hard not to settle on colors that I like "second best" because the items will be around for a long time. Are you OK with looking at your S25 every day thinking about how it wasn't your ideal color?
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id wait for the right colour. Its such a important part of the TB experience, make sure you get the right one.

I have a halcyon S25 (Black/Iberian) and although its really nice, I think Id prefer the 525 Ballistic. I fancy the Cloud/Island but think the Navy/NWS would be great.

I have a Navy/NWS A45 and although the blue is a different shade to the deep blue of the 525, blue and grey is a great combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    NC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm generally a fan of ballistic but I have a halcyon S25 in black/wasabi. Halcyon is great for the S25 -- the design of the bag means it still holds its structure really well in Halcyon, which not all bags do (disclaimer: I also use it with a cache).

Forum Member
    USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! I did contact TB and looks like the nordic/nws S25 is the bag for me Should arrive friday!!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miimac7 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I did contact TB and looks like the nordic/nws S25 is the bag for me Should arrive friday!!
    I notice that the limited edition Guide's Edition version of the S25 just showed up in today's announcements. Any thoughts of looking at the Deep Blue/Coyote version? This is the last time they are being made. This bag includes at matching frame

morion

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Deep Blue/Coyote Guide Edition Synapse. It’s absolutlely stunning in person. As you mentioned, its going to sell out fast so I’d pick that up if I was you.

**Nevermind. Looks like its sold out**
    Last edited by EBP; 04-30-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    EDC: Synapse 25 Guide Edition - Deep Blue
    Others: Birds and Beans Limited Edition Small Cafe Bag - Burnt Orange