Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TC now with Violet aether inside instead of Carbon.

Yay!!! I just saw that the new TC's have the inside pockets in violet aether instead of carbon. The carbon was one of the reasons I couldn't make the TC work for me. It was too dark. The brighter the interior, the easier it is to find stuff.

P.S. I kinda hoped for Wasabi. Maybe in the future.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 04-25-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But violet with Mars Red?

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah is the interior colour violet for all TC?. I just ordered a TC in NWS, so Im happy this will be in violet, as it will be brighter..
    I don’t like dark interior colours as it makes it more difficult for me to find stuff.
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Yeah is the interior colour violet for all TC?. I just ordered a TC in NWS, so Im happy this will be in violet, as it will be brighter..
    I don’t like dark interior colours as it makes it more difficult for me to find stuff.
    Jaffa
    That's right -- Violet is the lining color for all the Travel Cubelets now in stock, including the NWS.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad you guys chose to use a brighter inside fabric, but I am not a fan of violet at all. Smirk
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like NWS basically replaced Steel... maybe we need a NWS or similar for aether... something to act as a light but neutral colour

Winona, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered TCs in Mars Red and Dawn and THEN realized they came lined with violet, which I'm excited about- I love red and purple together!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of wish I had waited to get my Viridian TC! I'll probably post mine for a swap once the Violet ones start percolating because I would prefer Violet inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand the rationale, but violet? I'm pleased I've already bought a travel cubelet, because a violet lining is a definite deal-breaker for me.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suppose Im lucky, that Ive just
    Ordered one of the TC back in stock!..its been shipped to UK soon - yep hee!
    Violet being one of the colours that I tend to go for greys/purples is good for me, but I can see that is would seem an strange choice for peeps with different colour schemes.
    Im sure TB have a good reason for choosing violet (apart from it being a lighter colour than carbon), or perhaps its a good contrast with the exterior colours on offer. I don’t know Im just guessing here
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alphaviolet is not one of my favorite purple options, but still so much better than Wasabi! I was happy to see the Black/Alpha TC back in stock, so mine should be here tomorrow or Saturday. Yay!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the switch to an alphaviolet Aether interior, I bit the bullet and ordered a new TC in black 525. I'm very excited! I totally understand the "ugh" response for the new interior for colors like Mars Red, but I think black and alphaviolet were made for one another.
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post
    I totally understand the "ugh" response for the new interior for colors like Mars Red, but I think black and alphaviolet were made for one another.
    Yes, Dawn, NWS and Black will all work will with the alphaviolet. I'm looking forward to pictures when the new ones start rolling in!

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about this at all; how it will go with all colours? (Mars Red being the one people are most unsure about). This just seems a bit weird. As a comparison, UV is not a standard interior colour with all the external 1050 Ballistic fabric colours.

And I do get the idea of a lighter interior colour to help find things, but in a Travel Cublet?!? Its tiny! What could possibly get lost in the bottom of one of those?

I have a black TC with the carbon aether inside (accepting that violet would match well with black). Very pleased with it as it is and have never lost anything yet.

Seems like almost as divisive an issue as backpack straps in the Stowaway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Perseffect; 04-26-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just spotted a blog post from 4th April saying that carbon aether is being retired. I missed this info originally.

This may explain the change in the Travel Cubelet then as I guess they wont be using it for lining material either.

That suggests that perhaps the other colours, violet, wasabi and now Island might also be used as liner fabrics in the TC?!?

Now Id be much more inclined to go for a TC with Island aether interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast