Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post
    I would LOVE to see a flat, phablet-sized zippered pocket inside the Pop Tote. *dreamy sigh*
    For that there's a Freudian Slip, no? Cool

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Thats true!
    But I did have terrible cake yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAKE OR DEATH? *

* See Eddie Izzard

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougpgreen View Post
    Before buying my synapse I was looking at a bag about the same size with tons of organization. To be clear, I differentiate lots of organization (spots for very specific things like pens, thumb drives, business cards, etc.) from lots of pockets (like the synapse). The bag that met my current organization needs the most was the ebags professional slim jr. Unfortunately most everything else about it was a negative (for me) when compared to the synapse (heavy, low capacity to size ratio, etc.). The other key was the word "current." Needs change, in my case based on different tech that I carry and time of year.
    I had a similar dilemma before I bought my Brain Bag. My previous backpack had a lot of organization and I had used it daily for ~5 years, so I knew where everything was. I wanted to replace it with something similar, but couldn't find anything that was directly equivalent. I finally convinced myself that I could use pouches/tool rolls/Freudian Slip (both TB and other brands) to create my own organization.

And when I emptied my old backpack, I found items "in their place" that had been there for years, never used, and forgotten about. That sold me on not needing quite so much organization and having organizers that can be removed from the recesses of the bag to see what's in them.

Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    I had a similar dilemma before I bought my Brain Bag. My previous backpack had a lot of organization and I had used it daily for ~5 years, so I knew where everything was. I wanted to replace it with something similar, but couldn't find anything that was directly equivalent. I finally convinced myself that I could use pouches/tool rolls/Freudian Slip (both TB and other brands) to create my own organization.

And when I emptied my old backpack, I found items "in their place" that had been there for years, never used, and forgotten about. That sold me on not needing quite so much organization and having organizers that can be removed from the recesses of the bag to see what's in them.
    That is exactly what happened to me with my old Wenger backpack. It was like finding buried treasure when I moved out of that bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Forum Member
    Raleigh, NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Thats true!
    But I did have terrible cake yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cake sucks = all cake sucks. I had some cake that sucked = some cake sucks. Some cake sucks does not imply that all cake sucks, although it does leave open the possibility. Some cakes don't suck implies that the statement all cakes suck is false. I have had at least one cake that doesn't suck, therefore one cannot say that cake sucks. This ends your lesson in categorical logic for today.

Pie is still better.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cake sucks = all cake sucks. I had some cake that sucked = some cake sucks. Some cake sucks does not imply that all cake sucks, although it does leave open the possibility. Some cakes don't suck implies that the statement all cakes suck is false. I have had at least one cake that doesn't suck, therefore one cannot say that cake sucks. This ends your lesson in categorical logic for today.

Pie is still better.
    just put the logic down....
    back away slowly...

and contemplate buying a new Bihn bag

and be nice to your neighbors

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pie is still better.
    No Logic implied at all in my observation,just recalling the terrible event.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally don't need to use a waist strap.
    What about a frame sheet without a waist strap? Any benefit left?

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirolf View Post
    I generally don't need to use a waist strap.
    What about a frame sheet without a waist strap? Any benefit left?
    I use a frame sheet without a waist strap and the frame sheet is still worth having, IMO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4