1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant decide between wasabi or NWS interior

Looking to buy a Synapse 25 and can't decide on which color to go with, I like the wasabi now, but am afraid I would get tired of it in the long run. Does anyone like their NWS?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an interior fabric. Just follow your heart

I like NWS just fine, I also like Wasabi, I *really* like ultraviolet, but Island is nice too.

Generally I think a relatively neutral exterior is a good idea, but so few people are going to see the inside that it almost doesn't matter what color you choose. Just choose what you like

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like brighter interior colors because it helps me see inside. I like wasabi more than nws. I wish tb still made solar interiors

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Color is such a personal thing and here on the forum, opinions vary widely in regards to interior colors. It really helps to see wasabi and NWS in person, so I would suggest buying both bags and returning the one you don't want. It's only $10 to return if you are in the U.S. and may save you a lot of grief in the long run if you decide you can't live with an interior color you thought you would love. Just my two cents, though...
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant decide between wasabi or NWS interior

I agree with the other posters that the internal colours are hidden so only really visible to you (so choose what you like).

However, depending on your preferences, the combination of the colours does really matter. I have swapped bags because Iíve not liked the external/internal colour combination. Some combinations may not Ďgoí in your view and therefore may irritate you over time.

You didnít share what external colour you are thinking of so....

My personal preference:

Wasabi -
    Great: black, original halcyon and aubergine
    Not so much: Steel, Navy

NWS -
    Great: Steel, Black, Navy.
    To be honest, itís a colour that easily goes with everything although perhaps not as Ďexcitingí (although one could make the same comment about black exterior and that looks great)

UV -
    Great: Steel, Navy
    Not so much: black, original halcyon and burnt Orange

Iberian -
    Great: Navy, Black, Steel
    Not so much: itís not my first choice colour but Iíd struggle to say that is doesnít go with anything Iíve seen.

Island -
    Great: Steel, Aubergine (Original halcyon might also look good with this due to the white grid balance)
    Not so good: Black. I was surprised I didnít like this combo more.

Solar -
    I know itís not available anymore but I didnít like this as much as an internal colour (accessories were great in it). Navy was great with it but didnít like black/solar.

Just my preferences but I wanted to illustrate the point of ensuring the internal colour goes with the external colour in your own opinion.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Perseffect; 05-13-2018 at 12:08 AM.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS) & (Black/Steel), Tristar (Steel/Island), Cadet (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Black Halcyon/Iberian), Synapse 19 (Grey/UV), Ristretto 13 (Steel/NWS), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Co-Pilot (Steel/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel), Daylight Backpack (Burnt Orange), Daylight Briefcase (Black Halcyon) PLUS more 'bits' than you can shake a stick at!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like wasabi because it helps me find stuff in my bag. I don't like the color, but it's nice and bright for an interior. NWS is kind of drab, but it's not a dark color like steel or the other colors, so I'll take NWS when I can't get wasabi. I love the other Halcyon colors in shop bags, or cubes or pouches, but I don't like them as interiors, because it's too hard to find things with a dark interior.

I started out buying wasabi lined bags and wasabi pouches and cubes, and then I couldn't find anything because everything matched. I had to open every cube or pouch to find what I was looking for.

So then I switched it up and bought all my pouches and cubes in constrasting colors to the wasabi or NWS linings of the bags, and now I can find everything easily and tell my husband, "That thing you want is in the large blue (island) cube. That other thing you want is in the red (iberian) pouch." Hubby doesn't know the TB color names, so I just use regular color names.

P.S. I have not gotten tired of wasabi. It's like a bright light when I open my bag.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call or email TB and ask them to send you samples of wasabi and NWS before making your purchase.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The great thing about NWS is that it goes with every Tom Bihn accessories colors. It is true neutral, a beautiful light cool gray, you will find your items really easily with that color as a liner.

Wasabi is good if you like bright warm green, I don't.

As Aeon suggested, call or email TB for a fabric sample, or, if possible, and you need the S25 sooner than later, order both and choose the one that suits you the best.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been going between these two colors myself. I started with adoring wasabi because the green is bright and different, but now I find myself preferring the northwest sky because it is more neutral.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha. You mentioned three combos in your 'not so much' category that I like. Just goes to show you that everyone can find something to suit them from the various TB color offerings. But, also, you suggested some combos that I hadn't thought of and that sounded very nice!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgm View Post
    Haha. You mentioned three combos in your 'not so much' category that I like. Just goes to show you that everyone can find something to suit them from the various TB color offerings. But, also, you suggested some combos that I hadn't thought of and that sounded very nice!
    I was trying to use my words carefully. ĎNot so muchí rather than Ďdonít likeí. Itís such a personal thing and like to try and respect that in others.

Like you said though, sometimes a combo is suggested that you might never have thought of. Someone suggested Steel/Island to me once and despite being cautious, itís now my favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS) & (Black/Steel), Tristar (Steel/Island), Cadet (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Black Halcyon/Iberian), Synapse 19 (Grey/UV), Ristretto 13 (Steel/NWS), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Co-Pilot (Steel/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel), Daylight Backpack (Burnt Orange), Daylight Briefcase (Black Halcyon) PLUS more 'bits' than you can shake a stick at!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my bags are NWS inside. Love it - all of my colored accessories are really easy to see!