Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me or is the longest winter/spring ever?

No new debuts to break up the monotony. I sure hope this ends soon.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know. It's been summer all through fall / winter / spring in Florida. I never ever got to wear a sweater or coat. Summer never ends. That's not a good thing.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually wasn't referring to the weather, I was referring the length of time between debuts.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know. I need a sarcasm font.

I just hope the debut waits until mid-June, for personal reasons.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I just hope the debut waits until mid-June, for personal reasons.
    Yeah, it would be good if nothing new came out before I spent my tax return on the things it's already earmarked for!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I know. I need a sarcasm font.
    Sarcasm font! That would be great, except I'd probably use it all the time (at work at least)...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My money is burning a hole in my pocket. Particularly ever since I heard zipped shopping bag. Maybe even with 3 sizes! I would guess there would be small large and extra large, but I'm hoping for a small, large and extra small that could be used as a lunch bag or a purse like object.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it doesn't wait past mid-June, because I'm going to be in the US then and after that not again until October...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    No new debuts to break up the monotony. I sure hope this ends soon.
    We're getting a little creative in regards to the next debut. You know when we're this quiet something interesting will happen. There's no date set quite yet, but we'll be figuring that part out soon.

And I'll share this excerpt from Tom's update that went out via the email mailing list yesterday:
    At the same time, we’re experimenting with and developing new fabrics (my Taber testing machine is getting a workout!), new webbing, and new zippers. And I realize (once again), that more often than not, these forays start off with high hopes but yield nothing new that we can actually use—they're good ideas that turn out to be not-so-good realities. Indeed, life would be much different (though far less interesting, IMHO) if one knew in advance which was going to be a gold mine and which a rabbit hole. But the few fabrics that work well, and the few designs that rise above the others, make it all worthwhile.

So that's all to say: in addition to what's already planned for the next debut (we've shared details about most of those items...), there's a lot that's new in the works. And, as usual, we're taking our time to make sure it's the real deal before we share it with everyone. That could take weeks, months, or even years.... more to look forward to.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    as usual, we're taking our time to make sure it's the real deal before we share it with everyone. That could take weeks, months, or even years.... more to look forward to.
    Years??? and I used to like you, Darcy

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    Years??? and I used to like you, Darcy
    Yes, years. Remember the diaper bag/Parental Unit and how long that was promised before it materialized?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hears new fabric......hopes violently for something pink....

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see a new bag or two in June or July - have a trip to London planned in late July and a trip to Taipei (first time I've been) in December.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually it was 1816 that had the longest winter. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer