Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Palo Alto
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many hours/days since your last TB purchase?

TB is so addictive! Only discovered TB in March and bought an A45, MCB, SCB, and a Side Kick.

This morning I just bought a Synapse 25 in (gorgeous) Cloud/island combo, a Tri-Star in Black halcyon/island and a Western Flyer in original halcyon/ultraviolet, plus the Tri-Star packing cubes in large, medium, and small and a small travel tray in Iberian. Going to see which packs up better for an upcoming trip where I will be limited to 1 carry-on bag of 15 lbs (with no personal item).

The synapse is for my husband and I will decide between the TS and WF.

So when did you last succumb to your desires and what did you buy?

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday! Small snake charmer in wasabi, small travel tray in UV, large shop bag in UV, a single blue pouchkin (for earrings) and 3 mini Q-Kits! As expected, one of my teenagers is already trying to claim a Q-Kit, which is why I ordered one for each of us!

This is my third order since April. But I'm mostly done. I think!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    Yesterday! Small snake charmer in wasabi, small travel tray in UV, large shop bag in UV, a single blue pouchkin (for earrings) and 3 mini Q-Kits! As expected, one of my teenagers is already trying to claim a Q-Kit, which is why I ordered one for each of us!

This is my third order since April. But I'm mostly done. I think!
    "But I'm mostly done, until the next debut."

There, fixed it for you. How many hours/days since your last TB purchase?

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week from TB. Also, wrangled me some coveted unicorn Sitka accessories from another TB enthusiast. I check eBay virtually daily to see what surprises pop up there.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that is my saving grace currently is waiting for a larger luminary and I am not a fan of any of the current s19 color combos.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the mothership, about 10 days ago. I had a laptop that needed some new clothes (cache), and I wanted to see if the Hero's Journey side pocket would make a good extra top pocket within the Synapse (surprise: it does!).

Thanks to some online auction surfing in the wee hours, three days ago I snagged a mostly new Synapse 19 in cloud and dawn. Now I'm contemplating a matching Side Effect for stowing the computer cables and such.
    Last edited by afreen; 05-25-2018 at 04:38 PM. Reason: typos!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered just today in fact... one of the new Wasabi A30 travel laundry packing cubes to join the Island one I bought last month; a Dawn Cubelet before they disappear; a stray Canyon Cubelet that Kat found wandering around lonesome, needing a home (and am I the only one who really really wanted a Canyon Travel Cubelet that they just *never* made!?); a Medium Cafe Freudian Slip to try inside one of my Pop Totes that I'm using as a craft bag; a Wasabi LSB to join many other Shop Bags; and a Steel luggage tag, just because I really like Steel....

And I have to confess that is a 'hold me over' order because I am (not so) patiently waiting for the Steel/Island new items to be ready to go, as well as the new zip top shopping bags and whatever other mystery items are in the next debut

EDIT: and I just bought something on EBay, ouch
    Last edited by G42; 05-25-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TB is so addictive!
    I know it! I've resisted buying handy pouches and bags for years, but after I got my first TB, a Swift, the floodgates opened.

My most recent get was a couple days ago when I found a luminary on ebay. I'm dying of impatience, it won't be here till the first week of June. Gah!

Forum Member
    Palo Alto
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    I know it! I've resisted buying handy pouches and bags for years, but after I got my first TB, a Swift, the floodgates opened.

My most recent get was a couple days ago when I found a luminary on ebay. I'm dying of impatience, it won't be here till the first week of June. Gah!
    I m always tempted by TB on Ebay, but unless I already have the exact style of bag and KNOW it works for me, there is no amount of savings that would replace the 60 day return policy that buying directly from TB provides. I sold high-end luggage and handbags for years and have had at least 100 travel bags over the last 30 years-many were mistakes wherein I loved the style, design, color whatever, only to find it did not work for me.
    The A45 is my first big travel bag from TB and I love it. Packs like a dream, holds a ton without weighing a ton, and has beautiful organization. I foresee buying another one just so I never, ever, don't have one!

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been almost a year!! June 27, 2017

I guess I have all the bags I need but I still keep coming back

Thinking about another size Yeoman but really Small and Medium cover what I need.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    65 days and 2.5 hours... this is actually more recently than I would have guessed, but I searched my emails to check.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrottngal View Post
    I m always tempted by TB on Ebay, but unless I already have the exact style of bag and KNOW it works for me, there is no amount of savings that would replace the 60 day return policy that buying directly from TB provides.
    Agreed... the swaps & EBAY are a good way to pick up items you do know you want and/or a colour combo that is no longer available...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    RDU Northern Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An order arrives tomorrow, about time to start another!