Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
    I know this is getting rather off-topic but I'll agree completely, not so much due to totes or shapes but more so with colors. I've moaned about this in the forums before, but bright and IMO girly colors (i.e. Ultraviolet, Alphaviolet, Island, Viridian) have been going on for a while and have really frustrated me with TB products.

I'm a full-fledged feminine Southern lady, but I'm also an avid hiker, naturalist and outdoor enthusiast who prefers muted, earthy colors. I can't imagine any scenario where I would ever feel comfortable in this.

Attachment 20636

I'm nearly given up waiting for TB to consistently offer bags in muted colors, inside and out. @dannyre I feel your pain albeit in a different way.
    I'm curious, how do you feel about the Road Duffels and the Guide's Pack/Synapse 25 Guide's Edition? I don't wear earth tones and my Medium Road Duffel in Verde is just about at the limit of how much Coyote I can take.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
    I know this is getting rather off-topic but I'll agree completely, not so much due to totes or shapes but more so with colors. I've moaned about this in the forums before, but bright and IMO girly colors (i.e. Ultraviolet, Alphaviolet, Island, Viridian) have been going on for a while and have really frustrated me with TB products.

I'm a full-fledged feminine Southern lady, but I'm also an avid hiker, naturalist and outdoor enthusiast who prefers muted, earthy colors. I can't imagine any scenario where I would ever feel comfortable in this.

I'm nearly given up waiting for TB to consistently offer bags in muted colors, inside and out. @dannyre I feel your pain albeit in a different way.
    Ha, and I love bright colors for accessories, and wish that they would make even one bright, vivid color in the 1050 ballistics (colors like Kiwi were before I was introduced to Tom Bihn in 2016). I love Alphaviolet, but I already have four items in that color (S19, DLB, MCB and SE) and wish I had gotten a few more things in Azure, and even one thing in French Blue. I've been hoping that they would do some limited colors again for the summer that are more my style, but eh, we'll see.

I actually have a co-worker who is making fun of me for my purple bags now...I mean, I do love Alphaviolet, but I'm not Marie Schrader from Breaking Bad. I just like to wear a lot of black and grey in my wardrobe, and mix it up with bright coats, purses, and scarves.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    I had heard that also and itís sorely needed (and wanted in my case). Hoping itís part of the June release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any intel/word if this business bag will be closer to the synapse or a wf type?

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zacharyabritton View Post
    Any intel/word if this business bag will be closer to the synapse or a wf type?

I wish I knew. Iím fearful now that this rumour has grown legs and may well be off the mark. Who knows whatís coming as Iíve not heard anything for a while.

When I saw the Aeronaut announcement this week I was disappointed that there was nothing more aligned to the above hoped for bag.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    I wish I knew. Iím fearful now that this rumour has grown legs and may well be off the mark. Who knows whatís coming as Iíve not heard anything for a while.

When I saw the Aeronaut announcement this week I was disappointed that there was nothing more aligned to the above hoped for bag.

Would be great if TB could confirm or deny the rumor. A more business friendly Aeronaut type backpack would be great. A synapse Aeronaut combo.

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I'm curious, how do you feel about the Road Duffels and the Guide's Pack/Synapse 25 Guide's Edition? I don't wear earth tones and my Medium Road Duffel in Verde is just about at the limit of how much Coyote I can take.
    ha! I love love love neutrals but I'm not a fan of Coyote. To me, Coyote is a reminder of too many khaki-pant-mandatory-uniform days during my college years. Though I love the Bahamas and their Earthtones album may bring me back to khaki. Now that I think about it, the Yeoman looks rather sexy in Coyote. Big Grin

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matrox View Post
    I actually have a co-worker who is making fun of me for my purple bags now...I mean, I do love Alphaviolet, but I'm not Marie Schrader from Breaking Bad. I just like to wear a lot of black and grey in my wardrobe, and mix it up with bright coats, purses, and scarves.
    Oh I bet you're one of those gorgeous people who can handle these colors. I'm a redheaded, freckled lass who looks like Belle from Gone with the Wind in bright colors. I have to stick with muted shades to avoid appearing rather garish, as if I took a wrong turn and need to be headed back to red light district. Big Grin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3