Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Who has the most Synapses?

I'm pretty new to the TB scene and just ordered a second Synapse. Now I have one in each size. I find it hard, though, not to keep buying more as I want one in almost every color! I can see this becoming an addiction :0 So it makes me wonder who has the largest backpack collection in here? Pictures?

Confused

NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plead the 5th......
    Eat well, travel often.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have four...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Synapses, but I have three Luminaries. I started with the Alphaviolet, which is a really fun color (and I managed to get one with a Dawn interior). Then, a Deep Blue, for something a little more low-key (and I was actually able to find one that had Canyon inside, rather than the dreaded Grass). Finally, a Black/Cloud Luminary, because I figured that I'd want one in black.

All predate the design change with the larger pockets. The updated ones might be fine, but since the original fit so well, and 2 of 3 were offered in color combos that were clearly going away, I grabbed them while they were available.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got two.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one Synapse 25 (Nordic/Solar) which is terrific, but I "collect" Imagos. Likely more than a lifetime supply at this point considering I'm no spring chicken.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who has the most Synapses?

Iíve not owned them all together at the same time as I keep changing colours. Buy and trade/sell. But my count is

S25 - 6
    S19 - 3

I did however contribute to a TB blog post where I talked about the 2 S25s I owned at the time.

https://blog.tombihn.com/portable-cu...ait-perseffect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s a Synapse? Stick Out Tongue Wink
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBru View Post
    Whatís a Synapse? Stick Out Tongue Wink
    Riiiight!

(I hope someone gets the reference, or I"ll have to drown my sorrows in Jello pudding pops.)

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synapses=Synapsi?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    Synapses=Synapsi?

(From the Greek synopsis, so I concur that the plural ending is indeed -es and it would be Synapses)
    (Don't ask)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, sorry, "synApsis"

Autocorrect fail

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who has the most Synapses?Who has the most Synapses?Who has the most Synapses?Who has the most Synapses? I was just trying to be funny, lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got 5.

Synapse 25 in Nordic/Solar (I use this when traveling if a longer trip)
    Synapse 25 in Black/UV (I use this as a bug-out bag)
    Synapse 19 in Nordic/Solar (I use this for traveling if a shorter trip)
    Synapse 19 in Nordic/Steel (I don't need this one but I can't let it go for some reason)
    Synapse 19 in Black/UV (I think I use this one the most, and it was the first one I bought - used mostly as an urban purse, until the larger Luminary comes out).

The Synapse is just a really elegant design. Even when I'm feeling a bit bored of using the same bag, I continually come back to the Synapse. And there is nothing like it when traveling.

I might have to go back to my Black/UV one right now since I've spent the last hour looking for my Luminary and can't find that darn thing anywhere. What the heck? My daughter swears she didn't steal it.....I need another brownie to fortify me for the continued search....
    Last edited by Hollie; 06-08-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    So much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this thread and found it fascinating that so many of you want multiple Synapses because you love the colors. I must be an oddball. Big Grin I've wanted a Synapse for a really long time, but the color choices is the reason I've waited. I finally decided to give up on my desires and purchase an Olive/Island this week, and the Island interior still has me pausing before I hit the buy button. I know I'm going to cringe at that color every time I open my bag, but my only other option is to wait for the 1970s and earth tones to come back into style. I suppose Island, it is, but as soon as TB calms things down, you may see my Synapse in the bag swap. Smilie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast