Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove horizontal Cache rails?

Has anyone gotten a new style cache and removed the rails for the non-dominant direction?

Itís great that you only have to buy one now, and can use it in multiple bags, and it keeps inventory simpler, but it looks like Iím eventually going to catch something going in and out of the bug on the horizontal rails when the cache is in my S25.

óJim

Forum Member
    Sydney
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I've encountered this problem. I'm considering attaching some velcro to the rails so they stay snug to the body of the cache, which has the benefit of being a non-permanent solution.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm not using the Gatekeeper function, I end up putting the cache in "backwards". This way in my backpack, for instance, the vertical rails face away from my back and I don't catch anything on them when inserting items into the backpack. Of course, this only works if you don't use the rails to attach to the bag in that orientation.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it for the rails/gatekeeper function (but only intend to ever use it in my S25.) There are a bunch of non-gatekeeper sleeves I could have bought instead. (In face, I had one already.)

I did debate getting the old-style cache while they were still in stock, but thought I'd prefer the zipper over the flap. (Time will tell.)