Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is it time yet?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    Back on the wagon with ya', puritan!
    I'm trying to save money for something else, and TB is an expensive habit.
    I was using an s25 and it wasn't quite big enough for one item that I needed to carry, so I broke down and bought a different brand of bag. It was a lot lower cost, I'm familiar with the company (my last bag of theirs lasted about 10 years) and they offer a lifetime warranty.
    I think I've kind of just fallen out of love with TB. (They're still a great company and the people are awesome, but I don't really identify with the brand like I used to.)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    Thanks, Darcy. Any ballpark ideas of when the next debut will be?
    The next debut will be sometime the week of July 17th (barring any unforeseen delays, of which we'd let you know about). The original Small Shop Bag as well as the new Zipper Shop Bag will be part of that debut.
    Last edited by Darcy; 06-21-2018 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Edited post to update the new timeframe for the next debut.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've kind of just fallen out of love with TB.
    Times change, people change. Yours could be a permanent rift, could be temporary. Tom Bihn is surely a niche company, they don't have everything that I want either, but I still do appreciate what they do have most of the time (and buy things I want that are not in their line up from other vendors). One thing I wanted was a real purse, not a unisex container that could be used as a purse (I love my Travel Cubelet in its own way, but its not a purse). So I found another vendor on the East coast that has similar values on sustainability/minimalist design and got their purse. It doesn't take away my excitement over debuts however. I'm still always so excited to see what the company has next, even if it isn't something I plan to buy. I feel bad that you only feel a shrug. I like when happiness/excitement can be shared.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck and Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps and Cubelets!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    Times change, people change. Yours could be a permanent rift, could be temporary. Tom Bihn is surely a niche company, they don't have everything that I want either, but I still do appreciate what they do have most of the time (and buy things I want that are not in their line up from other vendors). One thing I wanted was a real purse, not a unisex container that could be used as a purse (I love my Travel Cubelet in its own way, but its not a purse). So I found another vendor on the East coast that has similar values on sustainability/minimalist design and got their purse. It doesn't take away my excitement over debuts however. I'm still always so excited to see what the company has next, even if it isn't something I plan to buy. I feel bad that you only feel a shrug. I like when happiness/excitement can be shared.
    Would you be willing to share the name of that East coast vendor? I am seeking a "real purse" as well.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'd estimate sometime June 26th - July 10th at this point (barring any unforeseen delays, of which we'd let you know about). The original Small Shop Bag as well as the new Zipper Shop Bag will be part of that debut.
    I'll be in Seattle around then. This trip could be dangerous to my wallet.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortie View Post
    I'll be in Seattle around then. This trip could be dangerous to my wallet.
    At least you'll have a bag in which to carry all your purchases Is it time yet?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is always the same, the day I don't post or check the forum, Darcy posts about the latest debut.

Like clockwork.

Darcy, any hints with carefully edited photos or clues that aren't?

Handsome Ichiro can always be part of pictures, he makes them more interesting.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    the day I don't post or check the forum, Darcy posts about the latest debut.
    Don't check the forum tomorrow so we'll get some teaser photos!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be happy with some new bright interior fabrics in their backpacks and travel bags. While nice, I'm looking for something other than the usual NWS, wasabi, island or iberian. Fingers crossed!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Ichiro is "helping" us take photos of the Aeronaut 30 and 45 Internal Frames and Aeronaut Padded Hip Belt....

Attachment 20605

I expect the Internal Frames + Padded Hip Belt will be available for order early next week. After that, we're gearing up for the next debut. It's going to be an interesting one...
    This changes my recent purchase of a more backpacking type bag to a “well, I need to return it since I’ll be able to use my A30 instead” IM GOING CRAZY WAITING!!! LOL
    YAY!

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredlet View Post
    This changes my recent purchase of a more backpacking type bag to a “well, I need to return it since I’ll be able to use my A30 instead” IM GOING CRAZY WAITING!!! LOL
    YAY!

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    I look forward to reading about it on your blog! Can't wait to hear if these frames are as amazing as the S25 one.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no! I just place my first TB order ever. I didn't realize that new stuff usually comes out in June! I just ordered the A30, S19, and S25 with the intent to keep one and return the others. #Fail

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoMcFeistyPants View Post
    Oh no! I just place my first TB order ever. I didn't realize that new stuff usually comes out in June! I just ordered the A30, S19, and S25 with the intent to keep one and return the others. #Fail
    well, the new debut items may not be legitimate alternates to the three things you just bought to try out... so it's not really a fail
    there will always be a new debut at some point (2-3/year?) so you could be waiting forever

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    Don't check the forum tomorrow so we'll get some teaser photos!
    I did stay away from the computer, thus the forum, for a couple of days, should I check the Blog for teaser photos?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI: I just edited my last post in this thread with an updated timeframe for the next debut -- the week of July 17th. More hints will be shared in a forthcoming blog post between now and then
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast