Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcumeda View Post
    Heimplant Monolith Daypack converts from a backpack to a messenger/briefcase. I have one, and it is a nice bag. It doesnít have the quality of Tom Bihn or any other premium bag, but itíll get the job done.

QWSTION also makes a convertible bag, which is also called the daypack. I believe it is more of a handheld briefcase/tote thing rather than a shoulder bag.

Peak Design Tote converts to a shoulder bag, and it can also be carried like a backpack. I have their backpack, and it is really really nice and thoughtful. Itís a bag that feels engineered, and I imagine the tote is the same way.
    Thanks for those suggestions! That heimplant bag definitely seems like a good possibility. The only thing that's missing is a place to put your water, but I guess you could just hang it off one of the webbing pieces.

I'm actually really strongly considering just getting a Synapse 19 and doing the shoulder strap attachment that was posted in the pictures earlier. The bag has everything I'm looking for in a backpack and it has viable attachment points for a strap. I don't plan to carry it much like that, just while I'm in the airport or have the Aeronaut as a backpack getting to my destination.
    Last edited by nolegrl; 06-16-2018 at 06:59 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post

I'm actually really strongly considering just getting a Synapse 19 and doing the shoulder strap attachment that was posted in the pictures earlier. The bag has everything I'm looking for in a backpack and it has viable attachment points for a strap. I don't plan to carry it much like that, just while I'm in the airport or have the Aeronaut as a backpack getting to my destination.
    You can't go wrong with the Synapse 19 and the Absolute Strap.

I used the Aeronaut 45 and the Synapse 19 for a trip to Europe, 2 weeks in multiple destination and very long lines at airports.
    Both bags were perfect, I used the S19 to walk in the cities and the Aeronaut 45 to keep all my clothes (winter casual, winter dress up, spring dress up and spring casual)

Both bags work well for domestic, U.S, flights and road trips.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To your earlier question, I think the Stowaway could work. Itís a quirky bag, but I like it. One helpful thing would be to take your Bose out of their case and put them in a TB stuff sack. Saved me tons of bulk and theyíre plenty protected.

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used my S19 as a shoulder bag recently. It wasn't fashionable, but it did the trick.Looking for a Unicorn Bag: Backpack with Single Shoulder Strap Carry Option-img_2702-jpg
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What strap did you use as the added long strap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Talkshop90 View Post
    I used my S19 as a shoulder bag recently. It wasn't fashionable, but it did the trick.Looking for a Unicorn Bag: Backpack with Single Shoulder Strap Carry Option-img_2702-jpg
    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! It looks like that should work for me then!

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talkshop90 View Post
    I knew you looked familiar, and then I read your profile. I had stumbed across a few of your youtube videos a while ago when I was researching Tom Bihn stuff. Great job with those!
    Last edited by nolegrl; 06-23-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    What strap did you use as the added long strap?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    I used the Absolute Strap.
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post
    I knew you looked familiar, and then I read your profile. I had stumbed across a few of your youtube videos a while ago when I was researching Tom Bihn stuff. Great job with those!
    Aw, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2