Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Old Luminary vs. Luminary 10

Hi everyone! I started carrying my older model Luminary as my daily carry and I have to say that it is my favorite bag ever! However, I find that the side pockets are too small to be useful for but a few small items or a mini organizer pouch (that doesnít feel like it fits easily - have to wedge it in).

Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences between the old vs. new model, specifically on the size of the side pockets? Also, do the side pockets feel or look lop-sided (are they really different sizes or maybe Iím mistaken).

Also, are there any other differences between the old vs. new model?

I have my eye on an upgrade to a Luminary 10 in a different color but wonder if Iíd really benefit from it.

Thanks in advance!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilymachado View Post
    Hi everyone! I started carrying my older model Luminary as my daily carry and I have to say that it is my favorite bag ever! However, I find that the side pockets are too small to be useful for but a few small items or a mini organizer pouch (that doesnít feel like it fits easily - have to wedge it in).

Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences between the old vs. new model, specifically on the size of the side pockets? Also, do the side pockets feel or look lop-sided (are they really different sizes or maybe Iím mistaken).

Also, are there any other differences between the old vs. new model?

I have my eye on an upgrade to a Luminary 10 in a different color but wonder if Iíd really benefit from it.

Thanks in advance!
    The Luminary and the Luminary 10 are the same bag. The slightly bigger one hasn't come out yet, I can't remember if it is scheduled for the July release or not. The reason that 10 was added to the name was in anticipation of the larger model, to differentiate.

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    The Luminary and the Luminary 10 are the same bag.
    Not quite, the left and right pockets are larger (the right moreso): https://blog.tombihn.com/update-luminary-backpack

Tom has made a couple of design updates to the original Luminary. Most notably, heís made the right side pocket large enough to fit phablets such as the iPhone Plus and the HTC U Ultra; the left side pocket is a bit bigger too (wider actually) than the first iteration of the Luminary.
    The updated Luminary isn't available yet, so only the TB Crew can answer this question right now!