Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evil hints Darcy?

Are there any evil hints you can drop about what items will be in the next debut (besides the zip top shop bags, which you've mentioned) or any attributes of those new items?
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím keeping my fingers crossed for new halcyon colors......the debut is happening around my birthday so pretty please......

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is the debit due? I know upcoming but didnít know we had an exact date now. (Yay!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    When is the debit due? I know upcoming but didn’t know we had an exact date now. (Yay!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post161087

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miimac7 View Post
    I’m keeping my fingers crossed for new halcyon colors......the debut is happening around my birthday so pretty please......
    New colours would be fun! I feel like we hardly got to know Canyon, Olive, and Dawn and they're gone or on the way out...

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any new info?
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sturbridge, you always add some fun and a sense of lightness to debut time. While we're mostly having a great time here at the factory, it tends to get very busy before debuts and that means that I, in particular, can get very serious and focused. Thanks for giving me a break from that!

That said…. we’re so busy wrapping up everything for this next debut that I can’t offer much in the way of hints. Just yet, anyway.

In the meantime, check out this blog post that I just published.... it has some news related to other designs that won't be part of the upcoming debut but maybe the debut after or the one after that:
    On The Design Process: Inspiration, Timeline, Testing
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even without hints do we have a debut date yet?

Forum Member
    the Puget Sound Region
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this mean no Luminary 14? My heart.... ��

Earth!
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same..and same!

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mreh View Post
    Likewise disappointed...
    Luminary 15, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the newer Luminary was going to be out in August/September. I may have dreamed that post! I know there was talk of the new EDC/travel bag that I think is referenced in that blog post, but I don't know if the intent was to debut it this summer.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muni_Jedi View Post
    Even without hints do we have a debut date yet?
    Not quite yet... soon, though. The debut date we'll share will be the date that the pages of the new designs go up... after that happens, there will be at least a few days to look at the photos and videos and read the descriptions before we make the new designs available for order. We want to give folks enough time to consider whether the new bags are right for them (or not) whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mreh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    I thought the newer Luminary was going to be out in August/September. I may have dreamed that post! I know there was talk of the new EDC/travel bag that I think is referenced in that blog post, but I don't know if the intent was to debut it this summer.
    You didn't dream that post! Here it is: https://blog.tombihn.com/update-luminary-backpack
    Both sizes of Luminary are in the final stages of the design process, which is taking a little longer because of the possible addition of another pocket as described here. I did update the timeline mentioned in the post linked to above just in case the Luminaries aren't ready until after September, which is a possibility at this point given how busy we are here.

The Luminaries and Tom's new backpack/briefcase design weren't planned to be part of the upcoming debut. The upcoming debut is toteally toterific. (@sturbridge can you change the title of this thread from "Evil hints Darcy?" to "Dorky hints Darcy?")
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Not quite yet... soon, though. The debut date we'll share will be the date that the pages of the new designs go up... after that happens, there will be at least a few days to look at the photos and videos and read the descriptions before we make the new designs available for order. We want to give folks enough time to consider whether the new bags are right for them (or not) whenever possible.

You didn't dream that post! Here it is: https://blog.tombihn.com/update-luminary-backpack
    Both sizes of Luminary are in the final stages of the design process, which is taking a little longer because of the possible addition of another pocket as described here. I did update the timeline mentioned in the post linked to above just in case the Luminaries aren't ready until after September, which is a possibility at this point given how busy we are here.

The Luminaries and Tom's new backpack/briefcase design weren't planned to be part of the upcoming debut. The upcoming debut is toteally toterific. (@sturbridge can you change the title of this thread from "Evil hints Darcy?" to "Dorky hints Darcy?")
    Hi Darcy! So it sounds like no new backpacks for a while? Was there a blog post about the new backpack that I missed?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Appreciate the product pages posting prior to purchase window opening - much better for thoughtful evaluation, thanks

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast