Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I agree. The Truck looks like a great bag with many potential uses! But I'm also excited about zippable shop bags.The question that I'm struggling with is which size do I get? I'd be most likely to use the bag for a beach bag (I already use my Large and Small Shop Bags for that duty) as well as an extra packable bag for travel.
    A tote can allow someone to sling carry a synapse while an Aeronaut is in backpack mode.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akbailey View Post
    A tote can allow someone to sling carry a synapse while an Aeronaut is in backpack mode.
    Now, that's a great idea!

Is the Trunk Tote compatible with carry on size?

Does the S19 fits in the main compartment upright?
    If so, the Daylight and Packing Cube Backpacks are sure to fit, aren't they?

Darcy, is that big bottle in the middle picture of the Trunk a gallon?

Could you or any of the mods check the fits of other TB bags inside like the TC, Cubelet, 3D OC in the smaller inner compartment pockets?

What fits in the front/back pockets?

Total O-rings: 5 (3 in the main compartment, 1 each in front and back pockets)

I was confused and did not understand which pockets were the front/back pockets, they are the ones outside the main compartment both in the front and the back of the bag, not the inner side pockets inside the bag.
    Last edited by backpack; 07-19-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question that I'm struggling with is which size do I get?
    Maybe one of each? It seems like unplanned uses would pop up because the zip top makes them extra practical.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will there be zip top totes in other fabrics? I have soooo much halcyon, I would love to try out some of the lighter weight ballistic colors.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a brilliant idea. Totally going to steal that in future.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiviander View Post
    Will there be zip top totes in other fabrics? I have soooo much halcyon, I would love to try out some of the lighter weight ballistic colors.
    I was also hoping for zip top totes in the 210 ballistic fabrics.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMEBLOM View Post
    Ok, all the suspense was worth it! I loved poring over the pictures of the zip shop bags. I've followed that family off and on on Instagram. So fun to see how grown their little girl is. Just darling when at the end of the video the mom gives her the peach! I love that TB uses real people, people who already use and love their bags as 'models'.
    Isn't that the sweetest video? They're a great family and it's fun to collaborate with them.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Is the Trunk Tote compatible with carry on size?

Does the S19 fits in the main compartment upright?
    If so, the Daylight and Packing Cube Backpacks are sure to fit, aren't they?

Darcy, is that big bottle in the middle picture of the Trunk a gallon?

Could you or any of the mods check the fits of other TB bags inside like the TC, Cubelet, 3D OC in the smaller inner compartment pockets?

What fits in the front/back pockets?
    I *think* you could squish the top of The Truck down to slide it underneath the seat in front of you on the airplane. That said, I'd definitely recommend choosing the Pop Tote or Small or Large Zip-Top Shop Bags for air travel instead.... it's nice to be able to zip the top when the bag goes underseat.

The Synapse 19 would be a little too big to fit in the main compartment of The Truck and I don't think packed a Daylight Backpack or Packing Cube Backpack would fit too well either. That said, you could totally roll/fold up a Daylight or Packing Cube Backpack and stow it in The Truck.

I bet you saw this, but we did a little investigation as to which accessories would fit best in The Truck -- focusing mainly on the Organizer Pouches and Freudian Slips. I did find on my own that a Size 4 Travel Stuff Sack is a perfect fit for either end pocket of the Truck. We'll keep playing around here with what organizers fits + we'll be excited to see what everyone here posts about that once the PPB bags go out. The front/back exterior pockets (this can get confusing!) can fit a Small or Medium Organizer Pouch.

As for the bottle... this photo? That's a 64oz (half a gallon) growler bottle You could easily fit a gallon jug in the main compartment of The Truck.

Who else is tote-ally excited for tomorrow?-truck-tote-organization-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tiviander View Post
    We hear you on that, but don't have any plans to offer the Zip-Top Shop Bags in other fabrics. We chose not to offer Shop Bags in 210d or 525d ballistic because we thought it would create too many options and that could result in inefficiencies when we batch cut the pre-order production runs. And, ultimately, we chose to make the totes in the fabrics that we deemed the most appropriate for each design.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Nor Cal
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gosh. This solves my current problem! How is it I never thought of this? I am just now planning a trip to India with my a30 and a light backpack (personal/daypack) but I was fretting over managing two backpacks on those long airport treks. So...thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really thrilled about the zip-top tote. I have a Shop Bag (can't recall if it's large or small) and always wished it had a zippered top, especially when I travel with it.

I guess I have to go home and measure mine to see which size it is.

Edit: Looked at my old posts, and I have an SSB.
    Last edited by ladyinblack1964; 07-20-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't posted yet to share my excitement at the two new zip-top totes. I can easily see the small one becoming an ECD, and the big one can easily turn into the back-up/extra/need-to-expand carryon, not to mention GYM BAG!!!

So... I'm normally huffing and puffing at the gym in the morning, but I'd take time to make sure to order promptly. @Darcy, when do you expect these to become actually orderable tomorrow?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I haven't posted yet to share my excitement at the two new zip-top totes. I can easily see the small one becoming an ECD, and the big one can easily turn into the back-up/extra/need-to-expand carryon, not to mention GYM BAG!!!

So... I'm normally huffing and puffing at the gym in the morning, but I'd take time to make sure to order promptly. @Darcy, when do you expect these to become actually orderable tomorrow?
    I'm glad you're excited! We're excited too! As soon as the totes are open for pre-order, we'll send out an email to folks who signed up to be notified via email on any of the pre-order pages (like this page). I totally get how it would be helpful if I posted a specific time here, but our new system works better if the emails do the job of announcing that the pre-order is open.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered!

Goodness, that was almost as exhilarating as buying concert tickets.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a tote-tastic time!

Now we get the pleasure of anticipation, as we await our goodies!!!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than concert tickets! Totes last longer than the concert.

I just ordered mine, too. I've very excited for the zip tops, and the Truck looks very useful, too. Both are going to make great weaving totes, too.

When they arrive in September, I think I'll sell or trade some of my open top totes. I think the ones in discontinued colors and fabrics might be coveted by a few Bihnions. It'll help make my current order more affordable.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! What colors did everyone else choose? Dawn, UV, and black for me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast