Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Can't wait for some customer pics of these new totes!! You moderators with your early access...got anything for us?)

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grabbed a small zip-top in NW Sky, a Truck in Dawn, and a Pop Tote in Alphaviolet! An Olive Travel Cubelet and Cloud Side Kick tried to jump in the cart as well, but I kicked them out at the last second. I might not be able to hold off for long, though...
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just (pre)ordered the Truck in Deep Blue (I was tempted by the Aubergine). Did anyone else notice that the comparison table on the Dimensions/Specs page lists the Truck as 275 liters? I know the name itself implies carrying a load, but someone might want to fix that!

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to be able to pick up another original small shop bag in UV. They are just so useful for everything.
    Trying the zip top SSB in Iberian and Black.
    I passed on the Truck as it is too big for my needs. Tempted by Viridian though... ☺

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    An Olive Travel Cubelet ... tried to jump in the cart as well, but I kicked them out at the last second.
    So that’s how the olive TC ended up in my cart Big Grin

Dawn truck, island LZTSB, NW sky SZTSB, wasabi original SSB.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    I just (pre)ordered the Truck in Deep Blue (I was tempted by the Aubergine). Did anyone else notice that the comparison table on the Dimensions/Specs page lists the Truck as 275 liters? I know the name itself implies carrying a load, but someone might want to fix that!
    Simultaneously feeling "ugh" because of the typo and laughing because it's kindof a hilarious typo. Thanks -- fixed it!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What colors did everyone else choose?
    I got myself a set of shop bags in UV, Wasabi, Island and NWS, and I've already forgotten which style I ordered in which color. With everyone buying Trucks and black shop bags, I figured there'd be plenty of colorful SBs for me! Stick Out Tongue

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might not be able to hold off for long, though...
    Resistance is futile.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    Resistance is futile.
    No kidding...I'm still breaking in my Nordic Side Kick. I think the others can wait till the new Luminary comes out.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

eastern Washington
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I preordered small zip top SBs in island and black. I also ordered the Truck in nebulous gray. I seriously considered the Truck in island and viridian until this morning when I bought a maroon Macabi skirt. I thought the nebulous gray would better complement it.

Forum Member
    near SFO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small zip top in northwest sky
    Large zip top in northwest sky

Hope to use for trip to NYC in September.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like The Truck pre-order is sold out

The other three are still showing as available...

@Darcy, in the long (but very well written BTW) FAQ about pre-orders... I don't recall it saying exactly what happens if someone cancels their pre-order of an item that is closed/sold out... does it list as available suddenly or do you make whatever feels appropriate and have it secreted in the back room?? We know Matt & Cody & Kat and everyone are super helpful about checking availability... but it would be cool to know what the official plan is.
    Smilie

FWIW, I like the timing...we get a shot at trying out the new Truck and then there's another batch due before the holidays, in case it works for gift giving (or at least that hopefully works with the timing)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Looks like The Truck pre-order is sold out

The other three are still showing as available...

@Darcy, in the long (but very well written BTW) FAQ about pre-orders... I don't recall it saying exactly what happens if someone cancels their pre-order of an item that is closed/sold out... does it list as available suddenly or do you make whatever feels appropriate and have it secreted in the back room?? We know Matt & Cody & Kat and everyone are super helpful about checking availability... but it would be cool to know what the official plan is.
    Smilie

FWIW, I like the timing...we get a shot at trying out the new Truck and then there's another batch due before the holidays, in case it works for gift giving (or at least that hopefully works with the timing)
    Good question. If someone cancels their pre-order, we will go ahead and make the bag they ordered but reserve it and use it to fulfill an order from the next pre-order batch or hang on to it until the pre-order bag becomes a stock bag. So, it won't be listed on the website or made available for purchase in the showroom or over the phone.

We do expect the second pre-order for The Truck to open sometime in early September.

P.S. One of my favorite things about how this debut worked: because of pre-order, everyone was able to order their first color choice out of the available options. The system worked as planned on our internal side of things. I hope it all worked for you guys too -- we didn't hear much about the ordering process itself and that's always a good thing. Soon, on to phase two of the pre-order... making the bags Smilie
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

P.S. One of my favorite things about how this debut worked: because of pre-order, everyone was able to order their first color choice out of the available options. The system worked as planned on our internal side of things. I hope it all worked for you guys too -- we didn't hear much about the ordering process itself and that's always a good thing. Soon, on to phase two of the pre-order... making the bags Smilie
    Thanks @Darcy!

It was definitely cool that everyone got their first colour choices... that implies that you had enough Dawn on hand... any update on when you're going to run out of Dawn and/or what other items it might pop up for the first time...? (PCSB for instance, if the Black experiment works out?)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Darcy,

I'm curious as to whether the SSB pre-order might be set to run a similar time to the ones for the zip-top shop bags. This is a little different, because you've brought this item back in response to the earlier retirement of the Small Shop. Bag (when the notice was given that only remaining stock at the time of the announcement would be available). A second factor is the last-minute decision that was made (the afternoon before the debut) to offer the SSB in 210d Black Ballistic. We have a lot of active forum members who just don't check back that frequently duE to stretches where the press of work or other obligations makes it difficult. (This is together with those forum members who try to stay on top of everything near debut times to catch exactly such decisions). inquiring minds would like to know…

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast