Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I hope it all worked for you guys too -- we didn't hear much about the ordering process itself and that's always a good thing.
    I loved the new preorder process. It was awesome to have a week to have sample swatches of the new Aubergine, Island, and Nebulous sent to me to get a hand-on feel, ponder the different color choices, and pour over pictures of the new designs as well as ask questions for clarification. In past debuts, it felt like a feeding frenzy, trying to make instant decisions in order to check out before the items in the cart became unavailable, because they were bought by someone else. Although I will admit to having a bit of a heart pounding when the new items went live yesterday just because of the thrill of the debut, but that's part of the fun on debut days. Now time for waiting patiently for the new items to arrive.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally didn't even think to request sample swatches during the preview period -- that would've been so smart!

Other than that brainfart on my end, pre-sale worked great for me! I agree that it was nice to be able to a. consider the choice ahead of time, and b. have less worry that something in my cart might risk disappearing before getting through the transaction process. I also very much like that you can add another pre-order to your original pre-order later.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pammy said everything I wanted to say. I liked that it wasn't a feeding frenzy.

I also asked for sample swatches of the new colors, and that really helped calm me down a bit. I didn't feel like I had to order an entire bag to decide if I liked the color.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with Pammy. In the past Iíve been slightly panicked trying to read the blog and put things in my cart at the same time.

So the preview period plus the preorder window actually provide two ways of venting some of that debut steam (Iím imagining myself as an Instant Pot now, lol): time to choose which if any colors and designs work for me, and then time to order without the intense pressure of getting something before it sells out. - The process probably also reduces the churn of people buying things just to look them over, only to return items later when they donít work out.

Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I loved the new preorder process. It was awesome to have a week to have sample swatches of the new Aubergine, Island, and Nebulous sent to me to get a hand-on feel, ponder the different color choices, and pour over pictures of the new designs as well as ask questions for clarification. In past debuts, it felt like a feeding frenzy, trying to make instant decisions in order to check out before the items in the cart became unavailable, because they were bought by someone else. Although I will admit to having a bit of a heart pounding when the new items went live yesterday just because of the thrill of the debut, but that's part of the fun on debut days. Now time for waiting patiently for the new items to arrive.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved the pre order process. It gave me the time to really figure out what I could best use, and what colors would work best for that purpose (e.g. Mars Red Truck now for my husband's red jeep, with plans next go round for a verde one -fingers crossed it will come in verde - to hold travel snacks and games to match a verde duffle I use for car trips Cool). I liked having the time to plan without feeling panicky about what color/item to purchase, and then maybe feeling like I should have ordered differently.
    Last edited by Bijouxandbeads; 07-26-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5