Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who else is tote-ally excited for tomorrow?

As someone who is more tote bag than backpack, I'm looking forward to catching a glimpse of the new tote(s) tomorrow. If I read between the lines, I'm guessing there will be 2: the long promised zip top tote, and a new shopping tote. I'd really liked the idea of the Moveable Feast but not the implementation of it. I'm hoping this has been re-thought into a tote that uses lighter materials and has longer straps. Darcy never did say if they'd decided on 2 or 3 sizes for the zip top tote. I'm personally hoping 3, and that one of them is small enough to be a lunch bag or purse like object but I guess we'll see sometime tomorrow.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is tomorrow's announcement supposed to include the small shop bag's last hurrah before it's final retirement? I've been so busy that I haven't kept track of what is going to debut and where the small shop bag falls within the new things coming out. But I am very excited for new totes with zippers.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Is tomorrow's announcement supposed to include the small shop bag's last hurrah before it's final retirement? I've been so busy that I haven't kept track of what is going to debut and where the small shop bag falls within the new things coming out. But I am very excited for new totes with zippers.
    It's supposed to include the SSB

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post157018

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post161087

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great. Thanks so much.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow? On my Birthday! Yay!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinoidea View Post
    Tomorrow? On my Birthday! Yay!
    Happy birthday!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time is the announcement? I'm already at work on the East coast.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    What time is the announcement? I'm already at work on the East coast.

Imagine how we in the UK are feeling....8 hours ahead and full of expectation and anticipation!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post

Imagine how we in the UK are feeling....8 hours ahead and full of expectation and anticipation!
    Yes! It's already lunch time here and just barely gone 5am in Seattle. I have something to look forward to after child bed time, I suppose!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time is the announcement?
    No time was given. Just "sometime on Wednesday". I'm checking every 1/2 hour.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    No time was given. Just "sometime on Wednesday". I'm checking every 1/2 hour.
    We expect everything to go live around 11:00am - 12:00pm Pacific Time. We'll send out a note to our email newsletter the moment the new pages go up, so be sure to check your inbox

This debut will unfold in a way that's familiar to those of you who've been around for a while. It'll also be very new to everyone in some other ways. Our hope is that we've come up with a system that will give us (and you) more options. I'm sure there will be questions, so feel free to ask when you guys get to actually see what I'm talking about!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We expect everything to go live around 11:00am - 12:00pm Pacific Time. We'll send out a note to our email newsletter the moment the new pages go up, so be sure to check your inbox

This debut will unfold in a way that's familiar to those of you who've been around for a while. It'll also be very new to everyone in some other ways. Our hope is that we've come up with a system that will give us (and you) more options. I'm sure there will be questions, so feel free to ask when you guys get to actually see what I'm talking about!
    Ooh, the suspense! Looking forward to it!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, all the suspense was worth it! I loved poring over the pictures of the zip shop bags. I've followed that family off and on on Instagram. So fun to see how grown their little girl is. Just darling when at the end of the video the mom gives her the peach! I love that TB uses real people, people who already use and love their bags as 'models'.

Funny thing. I misread the name of the "The Truck" and figured that the folks at TB were just being silly and simply saying the "the truck ships in early September". As in, orders will out out early September by trucks. GAH! I even went as far as to wonder why that particular product didn't have a name yet. Duh, I guess the excitement of the new release got to me more ways than one.

Anyway, well done to everyone at TB. Thoroughly enjoyed this release. I love that I can now go and think through my plan of attack properly.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really diggin' the Truck. The Moveable Feast was always immeadiately disqualified for me because I couldn't sling it over my shoulder, and that nebulous gray is to die for!

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. The Truck looks like a great bag with many potential uses! But I'm also excited about zippable shop bags.The question that I'm struggling with is which size do I get? I'd be most likely to use the bag for a beach bag (I already use my Large and Small Shop Bags for that duty) as well as an extra packable bag for travel.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast