Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to Coyote?

What happened to Coyote? It seems to have disappeared from most of the bag lineups. I see it as an option for the Maker's Bag and the Yeoman Duffle, and the Skookum items and that's it. It's such a beautiful color. I was bummed when Canyon came and went so quickly, but don't take Coyote away!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be very nice to see Coyote in more form factors... I particularly would like to see the 210 ballistic show up in lighter weight products like the Travel Trays, Shop Bags, Stuff Sacks, Cubelets, Travel Cubelets, etc.

I liked having Canyon, Dawn, and Viridian 210 in some of those options - it's a slightly different vibe than the 200 halcyon - Coyote seems pretty logical and it looked GORGEOUS in the Guide's Editions packs (holding out for an S19 version, because the S25 is too tall for me)

I know I asked for it in the 2018 Wish List, lol

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love coyote and mustíve missed its heyday. I almost got a co-pilot in coyote and wish I had. I really like coyote with the northwest halcyon interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haypeep View Post
    I love coyote and must’ve missed its heyday. I almost got a co-pilot in coyote and wish I had. I really like coyote with the northwest halcyon interior.

someone (not me) has a coyote/NWSky S25 on Ebay right now

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    It's such a beautiful color.
    I agree. https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...e+appreciation.

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads up, coyote A45 up on eBay for hose of you coyote fans!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend and I joined up for a single order last week and it is his first TB order (probably, not the last. Hopefully, not. That's the lifetime blessing, I willingly cheerily share to him. LOL). His first TB order is The Maker's Bag - Nordic/UV. It is also my first time, seeing the Maker's Bag upfront and able to test pack with my usual content of my bloated DLBC. I think I like it. I mean, I somewhat like how my contents is being carried and accessible, and yet, still has plenty of space left.

Compare to DLBC, the Maker's Bag look almost the same Length/Width, just the depth is different. However, the Maker's Bag is a flexible flap-style opening, compare to the more restricted zip-top DLBC. So, the Maker's Bag would conveniently look bigger on a person than a DLBC.

Seeing the Maker's Bag, somehow bring back my fondness with ID. I don't own an ID, hope to. But I hesitated as it is larger bag, I believe. (I could be wrong). I think there is some similarity with the ID, in terms of practicality, thoughtfulness that goes into the interior. The pockets are another thing. But I hope to see another version of Maker's Bag with more ID feature like interior grab handle as well as its exterior handle to be like Stowaway's Handle. I could understand that Nick and Tom would still prefer its Main Compartment to be open like Cafť Bag. I'm okay with that. Perhaps, interior grab handle so I could easily grab and go between office or car - without opening and closing the flap. I would also like to see a open pocket at the rear, kinda weird to see that realestate isn't being commercialized yet.

I have another Wishlist - a Coyote, the Maker's Bag. I think, it is a good blend of conventional color - great for both Casual and Professional Work use. Somehow, @Maverick's video of his Coyote Maker's Bag turned up in my YouTube Recommendation Feed. I watched a few snippet and indeed, it is a good color.

Since I just make a major order, I hope TB wouldn't announce a last-minute message that it will retired and it will be the last batch. I wouldn't want this. Please don't. I have to do some recovery first, at least for the next 6 months.

Sorry to the original Topic Starter, that I had side lined the topic with too much of Maker's Bag. I love to see Coyote come back too.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 10-24-2018 at 07:54 PM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to Coyote?

Mate sorry to say coyote has been retired. Not officially retired. But they will not be making anymore bags in coyote 1050 ballistic. It will not be back. Iíd scour eBay daily on the lucky chance that any coyote items come up. Itís ok to cry. I did.

The only coyote you can see these days is a few smaller items like luggage tags etc and whatever is left over in stock of the yeoman.

The guides edition S25s use 210 ballistic coyote as trimming and lining.

Last edited by LordAnubis; 10-24-2018 at 07:55 PM.

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @LordAnubis

That's too bad.
    Yeoman Duffel still has availability in Coyote - Mini, Small and Medium. Not large, though.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Coyote Maker's Bag and it is lovely. It somehow fits into any situation, subtle but classy. I would hate for Coyote to be retired.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent an email to the fantastic folks in Customer Service and simply asked if Coyote is being discontinued... the answer from Kat was: "We are definitely not retiring Coyote anytime soon. It has been out of the color rotation for our bags for a bit, but we should see some Coyote bags come back in 2019."

So there you go folks, Coyote is still around, just maybe off on vacation for a bit or getting into mischief with @Countron.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I sent an email to the fantastic folks in Customer Service and simply asked if Coyote is being discontinued... the answer from Kat was: "We are definitely not retiring Coyote anytime soon. It has been out of the color rotation for our bags for a bit, but we should see some Coyote bags come back in 2019."

So there you go folks, Coyote is still around, just maybe off on vacation for a bit or getting into mischief with @Countron.
    Well that's good news, as I was thinking I might need another super tiny coyote OP, and they don't come in any other colour! Thanks for investigating.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe all our pestering has changed their minds What happened to Coyote? Sooooo happy to hear that What happened to Coyote?What happened to Coyote?What happened to Coyote? but now Iíll have to offload the entire navy collection Iíve been buying up What happened to Coyote?

Behind a loose wall panel in the back of the TOM BIHN warehouse
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    info: Precheck....
    info: Done
    info: Updating colors....
    info: Found in system 1050d Coyote
    info: Done

All systems are clear for Coyote 1050d.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yaaaaaaaaayyy. Please pleeeeaaaase A30 and Makerís bag in coyote ballistic. Then I can complete my coyote collection. I canít waaait. Best news Iíve heard all week. (If you follow stock markets youíd know how bad a week in having What happened to Coyote?)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast